Sims 3-106 yards 2 TDs

Quisenberry 1-11 yards 1 TD

Stuart 4-22 yards

Bodner 2-26 yards

Thornberry 2-18 yards

• Thanks 2

Danville

Plays 37 - 177 yards

Rushing 32 - 170 yards 1 TD (92 yards on 1 play)

Passing 1- 5 yards 2 Ints

1st downs 4

3rd down Conv. 0/7

4th down Conv. 1/1

Penalties 4 - 31.5 yards

Fumbles 2 Lost 2

Passing

Ray 1-5 7 yards 2 Ints

Rushing

Brown 9-142 yards 1 TD

Baughman 4-9 yards

Trumbo 2-12 yards

Dunn 9-10 yards

#21 4-15 yards

Ray 12- (18) yards

Receiving 

#21 1-7 yards

• Thanks 2

Boyle County looked great. There was a few flaws of course that can be worked on but overall they looked great. Sage Dawson is an excellent athlete and is getting better but needs to hit those open passes. Several was missed. And of course the kicking game needs some work. Hard to replace a guy like Jackson Smith. But those few things could hurt you against better competition. I look forward to Boyle County working on getting better. Good job Rebels!

• Like 5

Boyle seems to be playing some god ball currently.  Rebel defense held Danville to 58 yards at the half to take a 41-0 lead and get the running clock.   

If Boyle can improve on connecting the long ball plays this team could become very scary.        

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, charlesw88 said:

It was also an honor to see the great Chuck Smith entered into the Boyle County hall of fame during halftime. One of the best to ever do it. His legacy will remain forever. 

From Coach Smith's Facebook Page:

I had a great night last night at the Boyle County Football game where I was put into Boyle County HOF. It was great seeing and visiting with so many former players, administrators, assistant coaches, parents, friends and community members. All of the success that we experienced would not have been possible without each and everyone of these groups! Boyle is a special place with special people! Thank you for last night.
It meant the world to me!!

chuck.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rebel said:

Boyle seems to be playing some god ball currently.  Rebel defense held Danville to 58 yards at the half to take a 41-0 lead and get the running clock.   

If Boyle can improve on connecting the long ball plays this team could become very scary.        

I believe if they keep targeting Sims on the deep balls, it will open everything up. He can beat most smaller DB’s.

I must say Quisenberry is the most explosive athlete I have seen other than Wandale Robinson. Kid is absolute game changer. His ability to make people miss maybe the best I have ever seen and he also is a defensive machine. Every time he touches the ball it’s an ESPN highlight.

I think the Boyle offense will only get better as the season progresses. Remember Dawson is just getting settled back in, playing QB. They have a lot of weapons on offense depending on the type defense they are facing. Haddix is so creative in his play calling and I don't think we have seen that much yet because we haven't needed to show a lot in these first three games. The real scary part for opponents is that this really good defense will only get better. Face a good 6A team in Henderson County next.

7 hours ago, Country said:

I think the Boyle offense will only get better as the season progresses. Remember Dawson is just getting settled back in, playing QB. They have a lot of weapons on offense depending on the type defense they are facing. Haddix is so creative in his play calling and I don't think we have seen that much yet because we haven't needed to show a lot in these first three games. The real scary part for opponents is that this really good defense will only get better. Face a good 6A team in Henderson County next.

I’m sure there could be a book written on the subject, but what happened to Danville. Just a few years ago they were beating Mayfield in back to back state title games, but it appears the fall off has been steep.