9th Region Tournament

I read in a different post that the 16th regional tournament was being held at Morehead. This made me wonder why cant the 9th region tournament be held at NKU, a nice facility not too big or small. I know they pretty much have the regionals at Holmes or Ryle now every year. Why not just have it on a neutral court that probably does nothing but add to the atmosphere and excitement of the game. Just an idea ( and maybe a bad one ) but would like some opinions on this.

I'm sure when NKU's new arena is completed you may see some high school tourneys played there. But with all the construction and things going on at the campus right now, this may cause some conflicts trying to hold it there anytime soon. And I don't think NKU's current facility(Regents Hall) would be large enough to comfortably accomodate a 9th Region Tournament.

I like the rotation that the 9th has right now. Conner, Ryle & Holmes are all gyms capable of holding large crowds. I wouldn't have a problem if it went to a 2 gym rotation, leaving Conner out though.

When was the last time a team won the region on their home floor? I don't think Ryle has ever done it. Ryle won in '02, but that was at Conner. Holmes won the region in '05, but that too was at Conner.

Lets see:

Holmes no parking for the first game, so were do you park when your team plays the second game of the night?

Connor no parking but at least better than Holmes, still if you play the second game of the night whoa are you...

Ryle great parking if you play the first game, but again no parking if you arrive to see the second game.

The Bank of Kentucky Arena @ NKU plenty of parking, and whats this, you can actually watch the first and second game of the night without having to clear the gym. Wow, what will they think of next? Sure the price of a single ticket will be higher, but Joe average who just likes to watch High School basketball games will come out and watch, because he knows that he will be able to actually see the game. The only downside to me, will be that the Ninth Region will not allow the games to be shown live on ICN6.

Oh and if you think that NKU might just schedule something else during that time period....don't count on it. NKU will use these games to showcase their University to all the High School kids, who they hope will be their future coustmers.....