Jan. 2, 2006 Fiesta Bowl—Ohio St. 34, Notre Dame 20

Dec. 28, 2004 Insight Bowl—Oregon St. 38, Notre Dame 21

Jan. 1, 2003 Gator Bowl—N.C. State 28, Notre Dame 6

Jan. 1, 2001 Fiesta Bowl—Oregon St. 41, Notre Dame 9

Jan. 1, 1999 Gator Bowl—Georgia Tech 35, Notre Dame 28

Dec. 28, 1997 Independence Bowl—LSU 27, Notre Dame 9

Jan. 1, 1996 Orange Bowl—Florida St. 31, Notre Dame 26

Jan. 2, 1995 Fiesta Bowl—Colorado 41, Notre Dame 24

Notre Dame has their own channel (NBC)...from the number of threads on BGP, maybe we should give them their own forum on this web-site...:sssh:

;)

People always ask all the time why Notre Dame continues to get great spots on television, hype, bowl invites, etc. Simple solution, do not watch ND, do not talk about ND, quit worrying about them. There is just as much (or more) interest in seeing the Irish fail than succeed across this country and on this website...

Supporters of the program, like myself do not keep the program up and running, it is those that dislike them so much.

;)

People always ask all the time why Notre Dame continues to get great spots on television, hype, bowl invites, etc. Simple solution, do not watch ND, do not talk about ND, quit worrying about them. There is just as much (or more) interest in seeing the Irish fail than succeed across this country and on this website...

Supporters of the program, like myself do not keep the program up and running, it is those that dislike them so much.

:thumb:

I'm not a huge Irish fan, but I do like them. I at least like it when they are a player on the national stage...

It's similar to how I used to treat Duke in basketball...ESPN showed them all the time and I almost always watched...I'd watch them play 20 games a year to maybe see them lose one or two. I loved to see them get beat...of course, I must admit, I loved their style of play as well and their games were always entertaining...so it wasn't like I was sitting through a bore-fest. They're fun to watch.

But, it's the same deal...I'm guessing just as many, if not more, people watch ND with the hope that they'll lose and that drives up their television draw...thus, if they're eligible, they will be picked for a BCS bowl. Period.