2007 Bell County

Im really excited about this team. We only lose 5 starters, only 2 of them went both ways. Brent Slusher is going to be the only player who is going to be somewhat hard to replace. Dont get me wrong we had some quality seniors, but great players are going to be ready to step in. We will even be young next year. Our team will be dominated by juniors next year, much like they were dominated by sophomores this year.

I look for Bell to get back to running the football more than this year and really be a force in the new 4A alignment next year!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really excited about this team. We only lose 5 starters, only 2 of them went both ways. Brent Slusher is going to be the only player who is going to be somewhat hard to replace. Dont get me wrong we had some quality seniors, but great players are going to be ready to step in. We will even be young next year. Our team will be dominated by juniors next year, much like they were dominated by sophomores this year.

I look for Bell to get back to running the football more than this year and really be a force in the new 4A alignment next year!

I certainly agree. QB Nelson returns for his fourth year as starter. TR Christopher, Senior RB will be in his third year as starter. Spencer Greer has emerged as a force both ways. Zachary is becoming a big-time receiver. Special teams play with Merrick K/P give Bell huge field position advantages. The Rockcastle rivalry continues, and Bell will certainly be looking to avenge the two losses in '06 by a total of 17 points. Larkey and Hilton will continue the "chess match" in '07. With the realignment, many of the strong opponents up the ladder will be in other classes than 4-A. The winner of the Bell/Rockcastle duel will have a much better road to the carpet than ever before IMO.

Im really interested to see if any of our freshmen will be able to play next year. We have Seth Chambers and Dominique Carton coming up. It is nice that we have probably 1 of the best kickers in the state!

The new alignment could see three of the top four teams eliminated before they get to semi's. If the district cross play for regionals is changed as I heard on another thread....then the Bell/Rockcastle district winner would have to face the winner of the Lexington Catholic Boyle district...!!

The new alignment could see three of the top four teams eliminated before they get to semi's. If the district cross play for regionals is changed as I heard on another thread....then the Bell/Rockcastle district winner would have to face the winner of the Lexington Catholic Boyle district...!!

Are you kidding me? That is a horrible idea. They need to change that up. I cant imagine there being more than 2 or 3 more teams in all of next year's 4A class as good as those 4.

Im really interested to see if any of our freshmen will be able to play next year. We have Seth Chambers and Dominique Carton coming up. It is nice that we have probably 1 of the best kickers in the state!

Who will get the majority of the carries next year for Bell? If Carton stays at Bell, he may be the best of the lot.

Where would he go?

Any time you have a player like him who has been in a different school system before there will be rumors about him going else where. Id say he will be at Bell.

Id say there will be a balance in carries with Christopher and Greer. Both are capable backs. I look for Christopher to really step up with it being his senior year. I think Bell will run much more this year as well.

Any time you have a player like him who has been in a different school system before there will be rumors about him going else where. Id say he will be at Bell.

Id say there will be a balance in carries with Christopher and Greer. Both are capable backs. I look for Christopher to really step up with it being his senior year. I think Bell will run much more this year as well.

Didn't he leave the team during the season and come back?

Who will get the majority of the carries next year for Bell? If Carton stays at Bell, he may be the best of the lot.

Dominique is the real deal and may very well be the best of the bunch. In fact, I'll say that he is the best of the bunch and I'm not talking about potential either. He is that good without question. Hopefully everything will work out for him regardless of if he is wearing red and silver, black and yellow, or blue and white next season. Bell will be dynamite regardless of who they have. Wish the scheduling would have worked out so the rivalry wouldn't have to take a year or two hiatus.

SOmeone talk with Dudley and have him to call Jewell and beg him to play, I don't know Jewell's deal, but Corbin has never dodged anyone before and here we are dodging Bell CO.

What a shame!! The Bell-Corbin game this year ended with a last second field goal. What a great game, and an exciting venue to play in. Next year both teams return nearly everyone...and it would have been at Bell for the rematch. Corbin having a real chance to upset Bell next year on Bell's home field. Middlesboro would have given Bell a great game this year, and many think that they would have won. So WHY NOT PLAY!!!??? AAAHHH!! I think that Dudley DID ask (He won't BEG them) until he was blue in the face, and then has moved on. He tried to keep the old SEKC together with teams actually playing each other...but Roark and Jewell have wanted nothing to do with playing Bell. I think it is disgraceful for Southeastern Kentucky football and depriving several programs of needed revenue to compete on a higher level. The communities suffer from ending these rivalries. The programs and the communities should rank higher than a coaches opinion or feelings. If Roark and Jewell are afraid to play Bell.....then the fans and administrations should rise up and make needed change. Either return to the schedules or go with personnel that will reflect the will of the school systems. I believe that Middlesboro tried to do just that and overturn Roark's decision....but whatever happened to that! Things were right back where they were the next week. Coach Hilton has never stopped wanting to play either team, but I believe that he has made all the gestures toward both teams that he will ever do. He would add them back to an open date at any time...BUT...The "football is in/on their court...uuhh field.!!! LOL

I don't know enough about the situation and it's facts but what I have heard is that it was due to scheduling conflicts. With the KHSAA each class is assigned different weeks weeks to play their district games. In Corbin's case (AA) it was 4, 6, 8, and 10 to play the district games. Somerset was supposed to be the week 10 district game. They decided to move up to AAA but were kept on the schedule to make sure both teams weren't hunting for games late in the scheduling process. I was also told that Bell's non district openings were the weeks when Corbin is forced to play district games. This may or may not be the case but that's what I've heard.

I've also heard the rumor about Coach Jewell being mad over Dudley not releasing TR Christopher to come to Corbin when TR moved down but really don't think much about that. Coach Jewell is all about the kids being happy. If a player wants to leave Corbin, he releases them because if they aren't going to be happy, they'd be bad for team chemistry. I don't think this situation was sour grapes by any means though.

I just don't see Coach Jewell chickening out of playing anyone, especially since this team has potential to be the best one at Corbin since 2001. The Hounds open up at Belfry of all places and then host Paul Dunbar. In the past Coach Jewell has scheduled teams such as Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Lexington Catholic, Rockcastle twice, Somerset, Southwestern, not to mention every year with Bell County in which he was 3-4 against and stood a good chance of being 4-4 if they played this year.