Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Football Camps

Featured Replies

My son wants to go to a full contact camp this summer. He's 13 and going into the 8th grade. He's an offensive/defensive lineman. Anyone have any suggestions on a good one?

My son wants to go to a full contact camp this summer. He's 13 and going into the 8th grade. He's an offensive/defensive lineman. Anyone have any suggestions on a good one?

 

I know UK used to have a full contact camp, but not sure if they still offer it. My son attended for 2 years and really enjoyed it. Of course that's when Curry was coaching there. Not sure about the age limit.

  • Author
I know UK used to have a full contact camp, but not sure if they still offer it. My son attended for 2 years and really enjoyed it. Of course that's when Curry was coaching there. Not sure about the age limit.

 

I checked their website and it looked like all they have now is non-contact camps. He's really wanting to go to a full contact camp and one that helps with long snapping.

I checked their website and it looked like all they have now is non-contact camps. He's really wanting to go to a full contact camp and one that helps with long snapping.

 

Thomas More College has a summer camp, but not sure if it is full contact.

Danny Hope puts on an outstanding Lineman camp at EKU and if I remember correctly it is relatively affordable. With your son being the age that he is, it would be an excellent opportunity for him.

  • Author
Danny Hope puts on an outstanding Lineman camp at EKU and if I remember correctly it is relatively affordable. With your son being the age that he is, it would be an excellent opportunity for him.

 

Thanks I'll check that one out.

My son wants to go to a full contact camp this summer. He's 13 and going into the 8th grade. He's an offensive/defensive lineman. Anyone have any suggestions on a good one?

 

I have been to many camps, both as a player and as a father. Hands down the best football camp I have ever seen is Offense-Defense Football Camps. It is the only full-contact camp that I have found in the eastern US for kids 8-18 years of age.

 

http://www.o-d.com

 

It is somewhat expensive, they offer three options for campers: day campers, extended day camper, and overnight campers. There are aprx 35 locations around the country. The cincinatti camp is held at Thomas Moore University in NKY. All coaches are college and NFL coaches.

 

If you have any questions let me know.

My son wants to go to a full contact camp this summer. He's 13 and going into the 8th grade. He's an offensive/defensive lineman. Anyone have any suggestions on a good one?

Check with your local high school coach. They normally schedule camps for their teams and he may have a certain one that he likes his players to attend. With a reference from a coach it may also save you some money. With his age you need to be very careful about selecting a full contact camp. I would make sure that I get as much information about what will transpire. You may also want to consider attending one of the workout centers that can help make him faster or stronger such as the high intensity training (HIT) Centers. There is one located in Lexington and I think in Huntington, WVA.

I know that Hawg Heaven has camp dates at Kentucky Wesleyan for June 18-21, or June 21-24. They also have a camp at Campbellsville this year June 14-17. Contact Joe Prince at Owensboro High School.

I have been to many camps, both as a player and as a father. Hands down the best football camp I have ever seen is Offense-Defense Football Camps. It is the only full-contact camp that I have found in the eastern US for kids 8-18 years of age.

 

http://www.o-d.com

 

It is somewhat expensive, they offer three options for campers: day campers, extended day camper, and overnight campers. There are aprx 35 locations around the country. The cincinatti camp is held at Thomas Moore University in NKY. All coaches are college and NFL coaches.

 

If you have any questions let me know.

The Cincinnati camp is projected to be June 10-14

  • Author
I have been to many camps, both as a player and as a father. Hands down the best football camp I have ever seen is Offense-Defense Football Camps. It is the only full-contact camp that I have found in the eastern US for kids 8-18 years of age.

 

http://www.o-d.com

 

It is somewhat expensive, they offer three options for campers: day campers, extended day camper, and overnight campers. There are aprx 35 locations around the country. The cincinatti camp is held at Thomas Moore University in NKY. All coaches are college and NFL coaches.

 

If you have any questions let me know.

 

Thanks, I know a couple of people who have sent their kids to the camp they host at Nashville. They really liked it too, but I'm not sure how much the parents actually knew about football so I didn't know about the quality of the teaching.

Thanks, I know a couple of people who have sent their kids to the camp they host at Nashville. They really liked it too, but I'm not sure how much the parents actually knew about football so I didn't know about the quality of the teaching.

 

You will not get this number of well qualified coaches in one place any where else. This will be my son's fourth year at OD, I always stay and watch practice, and you will be impressed with the quality of the coaching staff and how much you son learns. I would not spend that amount of money on a football camp, if I did not see an improvement in my son's performance. The staff also explains college recruiting to the high school kids, and do you think these coaches are just there to coach - nope they are looking at players, I have seen them activily recruiting players at the camp.

My son wants to go to a full contact camp this summer. He's 13 and going into the 8th grade. He's an offensive/defensive lineman. Anyone have any suggestions on a good one?

 

AJG,

 

Here is a link to one of the best football camps for the beginner as well as the experienced player.

 

http://www.bishopdullaghan.com/

 

My son attended for 2 years and found it to be very good both times. They break down the camps by age groups also. So he won't be in a camp with high school juniors and seniors.

 

Good Luck.

I can't get the offense-defense camp site to come up for some reason. Does anyone have any contact information? This sounds like the ideal camp for football players. Sometimes other camps just show off athletic ability and not football skills, this sounds good.

I can't get the offense-defense camp site to come up for some reason. Does anyone have any contact information? This sounds like the ideal camp for football players. Sometimes other camps just show off athletic ability and not football skills, this sounds good.

 

I just tried it and the site must be down for some reason. I am at work so I do not have the brochure with me. I will post the phone number this evening.

 

OD is sponsoring an all star game today at 5:00pm. I can not remember the network, but is a major network.

 

You will not be disapointed with OD, my son is already registered for this year.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.