Best teams in the state with a losing record?

Which teams in the state have a losing record, but still have a chance to make some noise in their district and possibly region tournaments?  Thinking of teams with a tough schedule or a team that has dealt with some injuries/illness.

In the 11th Region, Scott County has some good wins and close losses that give me reason to believe they will be a tough out in the 42nd.

Who else?

8 minutes ago, KlayThompson said:

Which teams in the state have a losing record, but still have a chance to make some noise in their district and possibly region tournaments?  Thinking of teams with a tough schedule or a team that has dealt with some injuries/illness.

In the 11th Region, Scott County has some good wins and close losses that give me reason to believe they will be a tough out in the 42nd.

Who else?

I would probably put Fredrick Douglas in the conversation as well 

It depends what "making noise" is. In the districts is it winning one game and going to region? I don't think that's very far fetched of an idea. If we're discussing going to region and winning more than one game because you stumble into a favorable draw then I'd argue there isn't a team in the state with a losing record over an entire basketball season that I'd count on to make much noise. 

49 minutes ago, KlayThompson said:

Who else?

I really can't think of any off the top of my head, but I do agree with your assessment of Scott County.

In the 9th Region Newport Central Catholic at 9-16 has had one of their more struggling seasons in memory, but recently got a signature win over Holy Cross of Covington, and it appears that they are beginning to click. They do have quality players in the Isles brothers, and historically the Thoroughbreds are a competitive breed. They've been through many hard knocks this season but have been inclined to learn from them. If they can manage to avenge their loss to Newport in the first game of the 36th District tourney they will enter the 9th Region tourney as a runner up likely after losing to Highlands, but that in itself is not entirely a foregone conclusion. Depending on the picks it's not at all entirely impossible for them to sneak their way into the semis, and from there who knows. While also not a foregone conclusion, CovCath is strongly favored to win the region, but even with that it's not impossible that NewCath could advance further than anyone expected them to. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

In the 9th Region Newport Central Catholic at 9-16 has had one of their more struggling seasons in memory, but recently got a signature win over Holy Cross of Covington, and it appears that they are beginning to click. They do have quality players in the Isles brothers, and historically the Thoroughbreds are a competitive breed. They've been through many hard knocks this season but have been inclined to learn from them. If they can manage to avenge their loss to Newport in the first game of the 36th District tourney they will enter the 9th Region tourney as a runner up likely after losing to Highlands, but that in itself is not entirely a foregone conclusion. Depending on the picks it's not at all entirely impossible for them to sneak their way into the semis, and from there who knows. While also not a foregone conclusion, CovCath is strongly favored to win the region, but even with that it's not impossible that NewCath could advance further than anyone expected them to. Time will tell.

@Ken Morganto like this post in 3....2....1....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, B-Ball-fan said:

💯 Spot on. 🤣

• Like 1