Shaedon Sharpe Ruled Eligible For NBA Draft

11 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I'm really looking forward to next year because the recruiting class is so strong.  Sharpe going pro would really hurt.  That said, can't blame the kid if he wants to get paid.  He's a stud.

12 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Who knows.  It’s whatever.  Love to have him next year but if he goes, so be it. 

With you both.

If Sharpe is willing to play this season, I say go for it. If he is half as good as advertised, Sharpe could be the difference in UK being really good and UK being a title contender. Spare me the team chemistry crap. It's a gamble worth taking.

• Like 2

I selfishly hope that he stays and plays next year because I think Cal is putting together a really special class and who knowns who he could add in the portal.  But if he is going to be a top 5 pick no one should fault him for leaving. That would be life changing money for him and his family. My hope is that situations like this lead to players being able to go out of high school. 

18 minutes ago, bugatti said:

With you both.

If Sharpe is willing to play this season, I say go for it. If he is half as good as advertised, Sharpe could be the difference in UK being really good and UK being a title contender. Spare me the team chemistry crap. It's a gamble worth taking.

I agree 💯%

4 hours ago, bugatti said:

With you both.

Play him this year. Talent wins.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:34 PM, GOREDDEVILS said:

Calipari says Sharpe is still planning to be a wildcat next year even though he was just ruled eligible for the draft.

In my opinion he will not play for UK this fall. Millions of dollars says otherwise. If Cal doesn’t get some use out of him this season then it will ever happen. 

9 minutes ago, The Professor said:

In my opinion he will not play for UK this fall. Millions of dollars says otherwise. If Cal doesn’t get some use out of him this season then it will ever happen. 

He will get more money by playing next season. Yes he may get A lot this draft but he stands to gain more money by playing At UK in 2022-23 season and then going pro.

We saw last year how much our freshman struggled with not having a normal summer or off season to work through things. Saw how they struggled by not having those tune up type games. Sharpe has been practicing with this team for now 3 weeks? He is an absolute stud, but with that said I think some may have to high expectations for him this year. As long as they are healthy, the guard spot is not one him worried about.  Now if Cal would decide to finally go with more 4 guard lineups, then yeah let’s work him him.  

Plus with how crazy our fan base is, do you think Cal would want to put him through the crazy criticism he could get from UK fans? Especially if he goes out there and struggles and possibly cost UK games because he struggles on defense or forces bad shots on offense? 

Unless Cal truly feels he is ready, I’m not sure he should play. With that said, if Tyty is out for awhile and Sharpe shows he is ready then yeah go for it. It just feels like some people think he will come in and help a lot right away, because how highly touted he is. 

• Like 1