Woodford County 28 Covington Catholic 14

• theguru changed the title to Woodford County 28 Covington Catholic 14

CCH had their opportunities on the fumble at the 1 and a couple deep dropped pass but WC was definitely the better team. I think CCH got as much as they could have out of this group this year, and the Seniors deserve so much credit. 7 straight Regional Final appearances isn't half bad. For the underclassman, and their talented group coming up....on to next year.

• Like 2

Just now, futurecoach said:

Congrats to Woodford County! From the sounds of it, the game was not as close as the final score shows. They definitely earned a lot of peoples respect tonight, because I don’t think many realized how good they were.  They are a very good football team! 

I agree, it wasn't as close as the score indicates. 

• Like 1

CovCath having no passing game all year finally caught up with them. You can’t win games against good teams being one dimensional. The fumble on the one was the the game changer. Of course Woodford did a good job of keeping CCH in the game with all the dumb penalties. The better team won. I think Woodford has got a real good chance of winning State. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm so happy for Coach Dennis Johnson, he has taken some beating during his time at Woodford County, the Administration let him build there when things wasn't going right now look. Let's go Woodford bring it home. 

Woodford was 0-11 in 2017 dead last in 5A that year. 5 years later 13-0 district, regional champions, and play next week for a sport in the state championship game. 

• Like 3