Woodford County 28 Covington Catholic 14

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Congrats to Woodford County! From the sounds of it, the game was not as close as the final score shows. They definitely earned a lot of peoples respect tonight, because I don’t think many realized how good they were.  They are a very good football team! 

The final score is a pretty accurate reflection of the competitiveness of the game. Woodford was definitely better tonight, better game plan by far. CCH did fumble the ball on 1/2 yard line going in to score right before the half, would have made it 14-14 at the half, ended up 14-7 instead at half. 

26 minutes ago, Football1111 said:

Horrible you don't get your most explosive player the ball at all. Who told Covington catholic that the Qb running 90% of the time all year was going to work against a good team. The most explosive player in talking is #3 Mason.

Woodford blitzed two lb’s nearly every play in the A gaps, yet CCH refused to do anything except run the qb up the middle over and over again. Awful coaching effort to not make adjustments.

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

After all the slamming of his team and their "weak schedule" I am sure he was fired up to win this one.

Nothing wrong with winning it! Just idiotic to be throwing 40 yard passes up 14 with 90 seconds left in the game. Why risk getting your players hurt? What’s the point in that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

Coach Johnson needs to learn to win with some class. You could tell Woodford hasn’t won anything before. Hope they get smoked next week.

5 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

Nothing wrong with winning it! Just idiotic to be throwing 40 yard passes up 14 with 90 seconds left in the game. Why risk getting your players hurt? What’s the point in that. 

I get it that it stings when you're on the losing side. But it's the playoffs. You keep the gas pedal floored and keep your team motivated to play hard for 4 quarters. I've got no hate for him calling a pass play to go for the end zone in the state quarterfinals.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I get it that it stings when you're on the losing side. But it's the playoffs. You keep the gas pedal floored and keep your team motivated to play hard for 4 quarters. I've got no hate for him calling a pass play to go for the end zone in the state quarterfinals.

Lol. Nothing to do with the losing side! You just run the ball. Run the clock out. When do you see anyone throwing those passes with 90 seconds left and they could literally just run it a few times and run the clock out. 

• Haha 2

I was going to take the high road and congratulate the bees on a dominate game. But…

90 sec to go, up 14, with the ball, and they throw the ball to the endzone? Wow. 

I had respect for them till that. Now I’m glad CCH lowers their avg score per game.

Might have been different if the score was 14-14 half but it wasn’t going to happen tonight  for the colonels  

Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future if they play each other again.  

I’m now rooting for whomever plays Woodford county.   Busch League.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, 1992Rebel said:

I was going to take the high road and congratulate the bees on a dominate game. But…

90 sec to go, up 14, with the ball, and they throw the ball to the endzone? Wow. 

I had respect for them till that. Now I’m glad CCH lowers their avg score per game.

Might have been different if the score was 14-14 half but it wasn’t going to happen tonight  for the colonels  

Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future if they play each other again.  

So you’re mad they scored to put the game away? lol

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, 1992Rebel said:

Stop crying! Get in the weight room and come back stronger next year. I would try to score every time I had the ball.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I also disagree the game wasn’t close.  One yard from 14-14 half and a big difference. Holt 5 yards behind the defense and if Agee throws 5 more yards to end zone it’s 21-21 in the fourth   One missed tackle on 4th down and WC only scores 21 total.  
They made plays and won but the margin was very close on a team with what, 75 yards passing?

4 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

Lol. Nothing to do with the losing side! You just run the ball. Run the clock out. When do you see anyone throwing those passes with 90 seconds left and they could literally just run it a few times and run the clock out. 

I agree that it wasn't a good move to throw the ball there. If I were a CCH fan I would have been happy to see him try that play. Gives CCH a chance for a pick. Stops the clock. Nothing to be mad about. It would have been better for CCH if he threw a long pass on every play that series.

• Like 3