Woodford County 28 Covington Catholic 14

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

We won't say anything about what the high class fans of CCH were yelling that prompted that. A lot worse than the high class griping we are seeing here.

And with that I am done with this conversation. Enjoy the off season and we'll see you next year.

I’m confused at your comment. The stadium was dang near empty yesterday in pregame when the WoFo staff was cussing and taunting players? Most fans, CovCath especially was still en route or tailgating in the parking lot. Where did CovCath fans come into this conversation. 

And let’s say that even CovCath fans did say something, both last night - WHICH IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT- or even at Beechwood earlier this season, absolutely no excuse for a grown man or men to curse or taunt CHILDREN.

6 hours ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

I also disagree the game wasn’t close.  One yard from 14-14 half and a big difference. Holt 5 yards behind the defense and if Agee throws 5 more yards to end zone it’s 21-21 in the fourth   One missed tackle on 4th down and WC only scores 21 total.  
They made plays and won but the margin was very close on a team with what, 75 yards passing?

This could also go the other way, if Woodford County doesn't give off a kickoff return for a touchdown and if their punter catches the snap, the game is also not as close. So I would say for the majority of the game it didn't feel as if CovCath had a chance to win. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

This could also go the other way, if Woodford County doesn't give off a kickoff return for a touchdown and if their punter catches the snap, the game is also not as close. So I would say for the majority of the game it didn't feel as if CovCath had a chance to win. 

That is how it felt to me. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

The final score is a pretty accurate reflection of the competitiveness of the game. Woodford was definitely better tonight, better game plan by far. CCH did fumble the ball on 1/2 yard line going in to score right before the half, would have made it 14-14 at the half, ended up 14-7 instead at half. 

I wouldn’t call basically Covcath making two plays all game a competitive game all game. The kick return and the long pass touchdown was basically the only two plays made by Covcath all game. Which didn’t the Covcath fumble at the one, only came after Woodford gave them a gift with a fumble of their own on a punt that gave them the ball inside the 20? The way the game was played sure seems like it was a game pretty much dominated by Woodford County most of the game and as mentioned as for the competitiveness of the game wasn’t as close as the final score shows. 

Colonel fans, Colonel fans, Kernel fans! If we were up 2 tds on the Birds and had the ball with 90 secs left there's no way we wouldn't be going for the end zone and we'd all be loving it!

And our memories are so short, aren't they? We're complaining for a coach going for a 3 td advantage late in a playoff game when we've apparently all forgotten about that 2017 football season when CCH tried to and succeeded in putting a running clock on every team they played.

"We in here talkin bout practice?"

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Colonel fans, Colonel fans, Kernel fans! If we were up 2 tds on the Birds and had the ball with 90 secs left there's no way we wouldn't be going for the end zone and we'd all be loving it!

And our memories are so short, aren't they? We're complaining for a coach going for a 3 td advantage late in a playoff game when we've apparently all forgotten about that 2017 football season when CCH tried to and succeeded in putting a running clock on every team they played.

"We in here talkin bout practice?"

Covcath had no chance in this game.  No one on the field wanted to have any part of 41.  WC could have gave him the ball all game and he was getting 5-8 a carry.  Covcath defense was on the field entirely to long.  Offense just could not move the ball and the play calls were bland or ran wrong.  Either way WC even with the mistakes had there way all game. Penalties or not.  Did not matter. They were the better team all around except special teams.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YOUTH2019 said:

Covcath had no chance in this game.  No one on the field wanted to have any part of 41.  WC could have gave him the ball all game and he was getting 5-8 a carry.  Covcath defense was on the field entirely to long.  Offense just could not move the ball and the play calls were bland or ran wrong.  Either way WC even with the mistakes had there way all game. Penalties or not.  Did not matter. They were the better team all around except special teams.  

Disagree. Wc better last night no dought. But to say no chance is silly. Cch d did really well in first half against them. Two awful punts of about 20 yards each hurt in addition to the fumble going into the half. Lb's for CCH were exposed big time in the passing game, being asked to cover the wing backs on pass routes was a disaster and never adjusted. WC running game stronger in 2nd half for sure. D on the field all night. Again. Eddie kept calling qb draw all night right into blitzing lb's, never had a shot and refused to try much else until end of game. #41 was really strong for wc!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, teeroy said:

I was at game and WC clearly had more weapons and talent. WC made mistakes with penalties and on special teams but talent level not even close. WC now has 3 top 25 wins and CC has 1, if I keep Ryle in. Actually if I drop out CC that gives WC only 2. Lol. People downplaying the 50 pt WC win over Glasgow were wrong to do that.  GHS is good!

Hey....monumental season for WC and good for you guys. The CCH family will be rooting for you.

21 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

Coach Johnson needs to learn to win with some class. You could tell Woodford hasn’t won anything before. Hope they get smoked next week.

Missed that one, but you can definitely tell the teams that have been here before.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

And then it looks like another excuse about why CCH lost to Beechwood. Think about this. Hergott doesn't play defense and CCH only scored 7 points on Beechwood. Maybe it wasn't all about Hergott?

I’m over that. Good for him.

• Thanks 1