• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to ask that you please leave Jerry out of this discussion. This man is still in hospital recovering from major surgery and still not out of the woods. He is my friend and just feel everyo

Always an interesting one sided conversation when a coach gets fired.  

Clevenger may not be interested but he actually would be a good fit for the program. Garrard needs some discipline and stability to back it up. Clevenger would fit that role nicely.  

Posted Images

I just don't see Garrard just running through the district with Hall of Fame Coach Dudley Hilton at Bell Co and with an improving Estill County team that beat Garrard this season. Not to mention Rockcastle team that will improve also with Larkey. Quisenberry cant do it by himself or they would have won out this year. He is really impressive but they have to have some more pieces to finish the puzzle and make a run. 

1 hour ago, RimRacker said:

I just don't see Garrard just running through the district with Hall of Fame Coach Dudley Hilton at Bell Co and with an improving Estill County team that beat Garrard this season. Not to mention Rockcastle team that will improve also with Larkey. Quisenberry cant do it by himself or they would have won out this year. He is really impressive but they have to have some more pieces to finish the puzzle and make a run. 

Let me rephrase that. Competing for the district and region. If I’m not mistaken Garrard only had 5 or 6 Seniors and 4 of them where first year players. They return everyone except 1 or 2 linemen I believe. Yes Quisenberry is an outstanding athlete that’s why he got player of the year in the district as a freshman. But don’t forget about the Baker boys and Austin Adam’s all are capable of making big plays. Who do you think Quisenberrys deep threats where when passing? That young group of Freshman and Sophomores. It will be interesting to say the least. I’m curious as to who Rockcastle, Bell and Estill are losing off this years teams. 

2 hours ago, CentralSports said:

Let be honest here. Jerry Perry got fired because he is the first coach in Garrard County football history to have 6 strait losing season I don’t care how salty he is. Facts are facts! And another fact. The Quisenberrys have no ties to the Lincoln County program besides knowing the Crutchfields. If Montavin was to transfer it wouldn’t be at a school that can’t make it out of the first round. Boyle County is the only logical choice if he where to transfer (but highly doubtful). Garrard will run their district the next 3 years and for everyone saying no one would touch this job is completely insane. Good luck to the Golden Lions in their search!  

Ok so here is where I’ll get defensive, your absolutely right about Perry your dead wrong about Lincoln county, for one they got out of the first round this year they have an 8th grade group coming in that a lot of people have said will be the best group Lincoln has had, with that being said, that’s big words, considering the days of Larry French. Their is no ties to Lincoln but to say they don’t get out of the first round is a little bit of a stretch, future is bright at Lincoln! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

Ok so here is where I’ll get defensive, your absolutely right about Perry your dead wrong about Lincoln county, for one they got out of the first round this year they have an 8th grade group coming in that a lot of people have said will be the best group Lincoln has had, with that being said, that’s big words, considering the days of Larry French. Their is no ties to Lincoln but to say they don’t get out of the first round is a little bit of a stretch, future is bright at Lincoln! 

That’s not to take away anything from Boyle because they are the premier school in the area, and to boot Justin Haddix is one of the best coaches I’ve seen, and more importantly he’s just a great human being, fantastic person and leader. 

6 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

Ok so here is where I’ll get defensive, your absolutely right about Perry your dead wrong about Lincoln county, for one they got out of the first round this year they have an 8th grade group coming in that a lot of people have said will be the best group Lincoln has had, with that being said, that’s big words, considering the days of Larry French. Their is no ties to Lincoln but to say they don’t get out of the first round is a little bit of a stretch, future is bright at Lincoln! 

I apologize. No knock at Lincoln at all. They just don’t make much noise. That’s great to hear that the future looks bright in Stanford.

I still find it hard to believe that there won't be any type of conversations/interest with Crutchfield. He and his guys have completely turned around Lincolns program from the dumps. I don't have any connections to Lancaster but I have to assume they were or are interested in him. Also the same with Scenters. He won the schools only region championship right? Those two surely got a call.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

I still find it hard to believe that there won't be any type of conversations/interest with Crutchfield. He and his guys have completely turned around Lincolns program from the dumps. I don't have any connections to Lancaster but I have to assume they were or are interested in him. Also the same with Scenters. He won the schools only region championship right? Those two surely got a call.

I would be surprised if they didn’t get a phone call, maybe they weren’t interested? Who knows, and at this point I’m not real sure who the list is compiled of, it’s been so quiet other than hear say, Jaggers was a hot name yesterday, but I think I kinda had the squashed already just talking to other folks outside of town, don’t think he would be interested. I could be wrong though! All I can see is they need to get going before they lose out on guys, taking a ton of time even really getting a list together, job still isn’t even listed. 

21 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

I would be surprised if they didn’t get a phone call, maybe they weren’t interested? Who knows, and at this point I’m not real sure who the list is compiled of, it’s been so quiet other than hear say, Jaggers was a hot name yesterday, but I think I kinda had the squashed already just talking to other folks outside of town, don’t think he would be interested. I could be wrong though! All I can see is they need to get going before they lose out on guys, taking a ton of time even really getting a list together, job still isn’t even listed. 

I agree with you. Going on 2 weeks and no job posting isn't very traditional. I don't know anyone at Garrard but by the sounds of it, a in house hire doesn't look likely either. They may be waiting until after the holiday to get going! But I agree they need to get moving.

• Like 1

This is to several of you, please use a period to end any sentence on BGP, especially the last sentence of any response.

13. Within reason, you must use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
6 hours ago, CentralSports said:

Let be honest here. Jerry Perry got fired because he is the first coach in Garrard County football history to have 6 strait losing season I don’t care how salty he is. Facts are facts! And another fact. The Quisenberrys have no ties to the Lincoln County program besides knowing the Crutchfields. If Montavin was to transfer it wouldn’t be at a school that can’t make it out of the first round. Boyle County is the only logical choice if he where to transfer (but highly doubtful). Garrard will run their district the next 3 years and for everyone saying no one would touch this job is completely insane. Good luck to the Golden Lions in their search!  

I would like to ask that you please leave Jerry out of this discussion. This man is still in hospital recovering from major surgery and still not out of the woods. He is my friend and just feel everyone needs to leave him out of this. This post is about an open job. Saying Jerry is salty is to not realize or appreciate what he is going through at this very moment. We have seen two high school coaches pass this year unexpected. As coaches/fans we should respect the brotherhood when it comes to health and family in my opinion. Good luck to all interested in this open position. 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Coach Preston said:

I would like to ask that you please leave Jerry out of this discussion. This man is still in hospital recovering from major surgery and still not out of the woods. He is my friend and just feel everyone needs to leave him out of this. This post is about an open job. Saying Jerry is salty is to not realize or appreciate what he is going through at this very moment. We have seen two high school coaches pass this year unexpected. As coaches/fans we should respect the brotherhood when it comes to health and family in my opinion. Good luck to all interested in this open position. 

I was referring to comments earlier in this post and explaining (why) he was fired. Yes this post is about an open job you’re correct. But then again why was Jerrys name brought up earlier in the post with his “comments on the next coach and administration” If you don’t want backlash don’t say those types of things about a program that let you go because you weren’t winning. Prayers for Coach Perry and a speedy recovery! 

The job will be posted very soon.  I would think Crutchfield would be contacted also.  But this should have been Lincolns best team in years and I think they underachieved.  Not saying that is Crutchfields fault at all or should or should not have an impact on this particular search.  Just saying expectations were very high before the season started. 

As far as Garrard goes I don't understand the thoughts that they aren't moving fast enough or that they are losing out on potential candidates.  They have a lot of interest in the job.  They will post the position soon and they will be thorough and make a good decision. 

• Like 2

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.