Open Job: Garrard County

Statsdontlie

13 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Does Larry still live in Lincoln County? I was under the impression that when he went from Lincoln to Boyle and then Boyle to Southwestern that he never actually moved houses.

He did still live in Lincoln through all of those jobs but now he has moved down to the crater... I'd say it'd take a good pool of money and a great gig to beat what he's got down in Middlesboro. He's got it made down there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueRaider said:

He did still live in Lincoln through all of those jobs but now he has moved down to the crater... I'd say it'd take a good pool of money and a great gig to beat what he's got down in Middlesboro. He's got it made down there. 

Wonder if we had any big splash names apply? I heard nobody was applying. Maybe because of the way coach Perry was done, a lot of people and fellow coaches like him, so I wonder if some folks don’t apply just because they don’t want to make him mad or stir the pot any. Might be tougher to fill this job then most of us think. 

41 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

Wonder if we had any big splash names apply? I heard nobody was applying. Maybe because of the way coach Perry was done, a lot of people and fellow coaches like him, so I wonder if some folks don’t apply just because they don’t want to make him mad or stir the pot any. Might be tougher to fill this job then most of us think. 

I’m not sure why Jerry Perry would play any role in this job now. He couldn’t win and that’s as clear as a picture as you can get. Anyone who wouldn’t take this job because of another man’s feelings isn’t much of a leader in the first place IMO. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BEChargers said:

They have several interested.  They will not have trouble with lack of choices.  I do believe there is a lot of phone calls being made to and from the school before actual applications are being submitted. 

I’ve also heard several people have applied. 

The position has never been posted on the KHSAA website.  The only way anyone across the state would know the position is available is by reading this site.  The school not posting the job on the KHSAA makes me wonder if they already have their candidate in mind?

2 hours ago, KingDeuce said:

The position has never been posted on the KHSAA website.  The only way anyone across the state would know the position is available is by reading this site.  The school not posting the job on the KHSAA makes me wonder if they already have their candidate in mind?

It’s posted on Garrard County Schools website, last I heard phone calls were made but they were having a hard time getting anyone to take it, take that for what’s it worth @BEChargers seems to know more then I do to be honest, I’m just relaying what people have told me. 

They need to get it right, or their best talent will (or anyone wanted) will be across the county line like they've gone for the last decade.  There's been several solid athletes that should've been in cardinal red that ended up in black and gold!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LethalPG said:

They need to get it right, or their best talent will (or anyone wanted) will be across the county line like they've gone for the last decade.  There's been several solid athletes that should've been in cardinal red that ended up in black and gold!

I agree with this completely. Some of the names mentioned are good hires, but I think Garrard needs to make the home-run hire. They need somebody willing to hang around for a while and build the program back up. They have arguably one of the best athletes in the surrounding 10 counties PLUS other young talent. It's an attractive job, or it should be. If somebody has been the coach and left, that's not the hire they need IMO. 

• Like 1