Open Job: Garrard County

Statsdontlie

33 minutes ago, Chosen1ne said:

Jeff Hester would be a home run, I'm sure he's not interested though. 

Another Garrard guy that isn't currently coaching is John Hodge, who did well at Bourbon. Don't know if he'd be interested or not, but he's had some success too. Haven't heard his name, just saying if they were going that direction that would be a possibility. 

I agree with previous, though, they have to get this one right.

Boyle should thank their lucky stars for some of the Garrard athletes they've gotten the last 10 years. Garrard administration can halt those decisions by making the right one with this hire.

I just heard this morning it’s possible Hester does return to Garrard County but as an assistant under a former player as the HC. Take it for what it’s worth but I think it’s a looooong shot this happens. 

John Hodge could be a good pickup but I’m not sure if he’s interested in coaching anymore. Don’t forget his brother Brian who’s a current coach in Illinois as well. 

1 hour ago, CentralSports said:

I just heard this morning it’s possible Hester does return to Garrard County but as an assistant under a former player as the HC. Take it for what it’s worth but I think it’s a looooong shot this happens. 

John Hodge could be a good pickup but I’m not sure if he’s interested in coaching anymore. Don’t forget his brother Brian who’s a current coach in Illinois as well. 

I know who you're talking about and I don't think it's as long of a shot as you think. If we're on the same page here as I believe we are, I think it is more likely that this happens than anything else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chosen1ne said:

I know who you're talking about and I don't think it's as long of a shot as you think. If we're on the same page here as I believe we are, I think it is more likely that this happens than anything else. 

A former player of Hester or just from Garrard in general? 

4 hours ago, CentralSports said:

Why not just give Hester the job and hire the former player as assistant? Give him a few years to start the culture change and just leave it to the former player? I’m not sure who the former player is but Gordon Crowe is a name that comes to mind for me 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

Why not just give Hester the job and hire the former player as assistant? Give him a few years to start the culture change and just leave it to the former player? I’m not sure who the former player is but Gordon Crowe is a name that comes to mind for me 🤷‍♂️

I would assume Hester doesn’t want it, as if he did I’m sure it would be his. It’s not Crowe.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

Word is Tyler Ray from Boyle Co will be meeting at Bradfords BBQ today at 3PM to discuss possible head coaching job opportunity. Stay tuned.

from somewhere else on the interweb. Looks like it’s heating up. 

No chance.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Dean said:

I’ve never seen so much speculation over a coaching job for a team not named Highlands!

Right 😄 but hey, Garrard is a great location and great community and they deserve the right hire here. Culture change from top to bottom and in 5-10 years it could be totally different.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chosen1ne said:

Right 😄 but hey, Garrard is a great location and great community and they deserve the right hire here. Culture change from top to bottom and in 5-10 years it could be totally different.

I’m all for it.  Would love to see The Golden Lions make some noise.