Open Job: Garrard County

Statsdontlie

7 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's crazy that we're at 19 pages for a high school coaching job--and not even a premium program.  

For comparison, the first John Calipari to UK? thread ended at 10 pages. 

A lot of interest and support in GC for football, it has an opportunity to become a special place, the fan support is there, they just need administrative support and a great coach to stick around. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

I remember when Hodge was the middle school Coach For Garrard, he was there for one year and claimed a salt River conference title, if I’m not mistaken the only time Garrard won the middle school title, of course he had some good kids, but I think that speaks to volume of what kind of coach he is, I’ve always thought he would be a good choice, he did very well at bourbon in my opinion, not sure if he would be interested or not, very intriguing to say the least, whoever it is, I hope it’s someone who decides to stay and change the culture of the program from top to bottom, because I really think that’s what needs to be done, a lot of folks may use MQ and GC as a stepping stone to a bigger job, which is not what they need. 

That was maybe 2001? Garrard was not in the Salt River at the time - they were in another conference.  They had a runner-up in the same conference in maybe 2004 or 5.  They won the Salt River in 2008 & had a runner up in 2011.  I I think maybe they have won their new conference once.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's crazy that we're at 19 pages for a high school coaching job--and not even a premium program.  

For comparison, the first John Calipari to UK? thread ended at 10 pages. 

You say that like 19 pages is a lot......

Let me know when you get close to 100 lol

At this point who knows what will happen in this coaching search. Although it may not happen Garrard needs a grey beard. Someone like French, Harp, Hilton or even Chuck Smith. It is unlikely but that is the kind of change they need. Scenters is probably their best option at this point.

11 minutes ago, RimRacker said:

At this point who knows what will happen in this coaching search. Although it may not happen Garrard needs a grey beard. Someone like French, Harp, Hilton or even Chuck Smith. It is unlikely but that is the kind of change they need. Scenters is probably their best option at this point.

Why do you believe Garrard needs a grey beard?

3 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

The perfect storm.....

@theguru has a big time press conference today and announces he is the new head football coach at Garrard County HS. After this thread, would make perfect sense. 

Lol. Just kidding. Don't kick me off for false info!!    🙂

No way!  Just yesterday I read this article by Dave Buchanan about what goes into a high school football program.  I am good. 🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

No way!  Just yesterday I read this article by Dave Buchanan about what goes into a high school football program.  I am good. 🙂

Lol.

Here's what's crazy, that was just OFFENSE!  Then, you meet with the special teams coordinator. Then, the DC walks in. 

Football is a STAFF driven game. No one person can possibly do all that needs to be done at a high level to be successful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Lol.

Here's what's crazy, that was just OFFENSE!  Then, you meet with the special teams coordinator. Then, the DC walks in. 

Football is a STAFF driven game. No one person can possibly do all that needs to be done at a high level to be successful. 

Football coaches, especially head football coaches, are not paid nearly enough.  I have said it before, a head football coach should make what a Principal makes or something similar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Football coaches, especially head football coaches, are not paid nearly enough.  I have said it before, a head football coach should make what a Principal makes or something similar. 

Mrs. ChiefSmoke agrees 1000%. Getting ready for year 31. She thinks I’m crazy. She is a SAINT!