Open Job: Garrard County

Statsdontlie

8 minutes ago, CoachHB said:

Im guessing this all has to do with "modernizing the Offense" to better showcase somerbody's kid!  That is usually the root of this kind of move. 

The Paducah Tilghman cluster comes to mind 1st!  

Think you partially correct. Plan devised to keep Quisenberry in the district.

7 hours ago, EagleRare20 said:

I don't think Perry was the answer but I'm not sure who will be the answer with the lack of administrative support. I don't think they are loaded with athletes but the Quisenberry kid is special, I'm afraid he will never get to maximize his abilities there.  

If they dont hire the right coach, I wouldn't be surprised if you see Qusinberry at Boyle County. 

12 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

If they dont hire the right coach, I wouldn't be surprised if you see Qusinberry at Boyle County. 

With Tices tie to Lincoln, I’d guess he might end up there before he would Boyle. Who knows? Depends on the hire I guess. Although I’m sure Boyle would set him up nicely…….

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Quisenberry would need to move or sit out a year to play for another team.

I’m gonna tell you, his dad and him both love Garrard County, I don’t see them leaving and I also don’t believe the bogus stories going around about them causing this with Perry, at the end of the day, Perry didn’t have a winning season since 2015, you can’t have 6 straight losing seasons and survive coaching anywhere, bad timing? Sure but when it is a good time to ever fire someone? Especially someone everyone thinks so highly of, Jerry Perry is a great man and mentor, he will be sorely missed in that aspect, but you have to adapt to the personnel you have and he didn’t do that. Sorry for being honest but this is how the majority of GC thinks. It may blow up in their face but it also might be turn into a blessing, also I don’t think Crutchfield takes this job, I would be surprised if he did. He has support and parent support in Lincoln, no way I’d leave that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

I’m gonna tell you, his dad and him both love Garrard County, I don’t see them leaving and I also don’t believe the bogus stories going around about them causing this with Perry, at the end of the day, Perry didn’t have a winning season since 2015, you can’t have 6 straight losing seasons and survive coaching anywhere, bad timing? Sure but when it is a good time to ever fire someone? Especially someone everyone thinks so highly of, Jerry Perry is a great man and mentor, he will be sorely missed in that aspect, but you have to adapt to the personnel you have and he didn’t do that. Sorry for being honest but this is how the majority of GC thinks. It may blow up in their face but it also might be turn into a blessing, also I don’t think Crutchfield takes this job, I would be surprised if he did. He has support and parent support in Lincoln, no way I’d leave that. 

There was rumors going around if Coach Perry returned Qusinberry was gone. 

9 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

There was rumors going around if Coach Perry returned Qusinberry was gone. 

Exactly what you said there Rumors, I just don’t see it, I really don’t, his dad has been dedicated to Garrard County athletics and youth for as long as I can remember, Lancaster is a very small town and rumors fly all the time, I take what I hear with a grain of salt anymore lol, I’ve just learned that most everything is just that rumors. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RimRacker said:

Will Quisenberry apply? I know he coaches several sports at Garrard at different levels. 

That’s a good question, I’m not sure if they are letting people apply or if they just have a short list of coaches in mind, only time will tell I guess. 

7 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

There it is! Build the spread offense around this guys kid!  Means hire a young coach that will throw the ball 50 times a game! 

50 minutes ago, CoachHB said:

There it is! Build the spread offense around this guys kid!  Means hire a young coach that will throw the ball 50 times a game! 

Good luck finding receivers at Garrard County. He'll be running for his life like he did this year. Half the reason why he ran for over 1,500 yards was none of his receivers were open so he took off running. IMO Garrard County dont have the athletes to run the spread. 

17 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm not sure what his plans are. I would assume with a coaching change it would keep him at Garrard, his family has deep roots there and if I'm not mistaken his dad was a great player for Garrard when he played. Wherever he ends up playing next year that team is keeping/getting a talent for sure.