6 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

Like I said earlier, they need to hire the dad and then they will have two dads coaching their two biggest programs.  Daddy ball!!!

I guess your referring to Brandon Cooper and his son as daddy ball as well, these guys are all from GC, so I don’t really see the issue, they wanted come back home and coach, so I’m not really getting where the issue is, either way, Garrard is going to hire whoever they want at the end of the day. Honestly I don’t care who they hire, I’m I interested in seeing who they do hire? Sure, but it doesn’t affect me one way or another lol 

• Like 1
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to ask that you please leave Jerry out of this discussion. This man is still in hospital recovering from major surgery and still not out of the woods. He is my friend and just feel everyo

Always an interesting one sided conversation when a coach gets fired.  

Clevenger may not be interested but he actually would be a good fit for the program. Garrard needs some discipline and stability to back it up. Clevenger would fit that role nicely.  

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

I guess your referring to Brandon Cooper and his son as daddy ball as well, these guys are all from GC, so I don’t really see the issue, they wanted come back home and coach, so I’m not really getting where the issue is, either way, Garrard is going to hire whoever they want at the end of the day. Honestly I don’t care who they hire, I’m I interested in seeing who they do hire? Sure, but it doesn’t affect me one way or another lol 

I don't care who coaches their teams, but I do believe when you allow parents to have influence over your firing/hiring decisions it sets a bad precedence.  Which in turn, makes it harder to find quality coaches.  I don't necessarily disagree with removing Jerry, but stating the community (parents) want to go in a different direction is not the reason that needs to be given.  Keep it performance-based and move on IMO.  The leadership team needs to stand on their own decisions, and not delegate to the community or its stakeholders. 

41 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I don't care who coaches their teams, but I do believe when you allow parents to have influence over your firing/hiring decisions it sets a bad precedence.  Which in turn, makes it harder to find quality coaches.  I don't necessarily disagree with removing Jerry, but stating the community (parents) want to go in a different direction is not the reason that needs to be given.  Keep it performance-based and move on IMO.  The leadership team needs to stand on their own decisions, and not delegate to the community or its stakeholders. 

Agreed, they probably should of led with it was performance based, because at the end of the day I believe it was, 6 straight losing seasons is not success in anyone’s opinion, but at the same time I think the timing was bad. It’s all just bad lol. 

3 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Like I said earlier, they need to hire the dad and then they will have two dads coaching their two biggest programs.  Daddy ball!!!

So you saying daddy ball goes on for the basketball team too? Lol 

22 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Quisenberry would need to move or sit out a year to play for another team.

Does this get enforced anymore?  It doesn't seem like it with the kids that have transferred locally and from what I see throughout the state.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, titan101 said:

Does this get enforced anymore?  It doesn't seem like it with the kids that have transferred locally and from what I see throughout the state.

Yes, it gets enforced. There was a player who transferred to Highlands and had to sit out this entire season. Most people find a way to use one of the transfer rule exceptions to avoid sitting out. However, the rule is enforced. You need to know what to do to avoid it, and it isn't easy to avoid.

6 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

Garrard county hasn't been to the regional tournament in a long time and they forced Ryan Young out, which I thought did a great job there. How long will they give Cooper if he dont get them to the regional tournament? 

1 hour ago, Statsdontlie said:

Garrard county hasn't been to the regional tournament in a long time and they forced Ryan Young out, which I thought did a great job there. How long will they give Cooper if he dont get them to the regional tournament? 

Not sure but you are correct, It’s all kind of confusing to me. 

5 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Ryan Young forced Ryan Young out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy said:

Transfer rules are enforced....depends a lot on who is transferring and where they are going from what I’ve seen. 

If you are saying some people get favorable treatment, a big ole nope on that IMO. You would have to give me an example and the details to prove it.

Quisenberry Won’t transfer, should he? Probably, if it were me and I was in his dads shoes I would of took him down south 27 about 10 miles and let him play in death Valley with Crutchfield, but I’m not the parent either, he’s dad is all GC, and the stories of him saying he was going to transfer to Boyle are just not him, did he say that Boyle approached him to come play for them? Sure he probably said that and it’s probably true lol. 

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

9 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

Heard that too, their were some underlying issues that caused his firing.

If you mean underlying issues, as recognizing the best talent on the roster Quisenberry needed to start as an 8th grader and making no talent upperclassmen parents upset then yes.  Lol.  His teams never lost by 40some in the first round of the district tournament like they did last season to Boyle Co.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.