Open Job: Garrard County

Statsdontlie

24 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

If you mean underlying issues, as recognizing the best talent on the roster Quisenberry needed to start as an 8th grader and making no talent upperclassmen parents upset then yes.  Lol.  His teams never lost by 40some in the first round of the district tournament like they did last season to Boyle Co.

All I’m saying is their were rumblings, I have no idea what took place, to be honest coach Young ended up with a better job in somerset anyways, just my opinion, like I said earlier, small town, so many rumors, nobody has no clue what to believe or not to believe, it’s a mess lol. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Rebel of Knights said:

I would be shocked if this job doesn't go to Clevenger.  And I would also be shocked if he didn't end up with some type of administrative job where he didn't have to teach and could just coach.  

😱😳 that would be a home run hire for Garrard County, but I’m not sure he would want to be put into a situation he just got let go of, Danville kinda do the same thing to him as Garrard did to Perry, a bit different yes but you better win, and you have less talent here to work with then Danville. All of those things are to be considered, either way the community would definitely get behind this hire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Does anyone know how much talent Garrard has coming back for 2022?

They have a lot of speed guys, they only had 6 Seniors this season, 4 of them were first year players so I’ve been told, so I’d say it’s a lot, should be the favorite in the district over the next couple of seasons, coach Perry nailed it on the joe Mathis if they don’t win 10-12 games next year they should be fired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seybold24 said:

😱😳 that would be a home run hire for Garrard County, but I’m not sure he would want to be put into a situation he just got let go of, Danville kinda do the same thing to him as Garrard did to Perry, a bit different yes but you better win, and you have less talent here to work with then Danville. All of those things are to be considered, either way the community would definitely get behind this hire. 

I feel like this is a very different situation from what happened with Clevenger at Danville. Clevenger was a winning coach who brought the title back to Danville for the first time in over a decade and Perry hasn't had a winning season in several years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueRaider said:

I feel like this is a very different situation from what happened with Clevenger at Danville. Clevenger was a winning coach who brought the title back to Danville for the first time in over a decade and Perry hasn't had a winning season in several years. 

That was my view on it too, but a lot of people had that view, I will tell you, if Clevenger is the guy, it will be a home run for Garrard County football, and our community, we need someone who will be involved with the youth as well, and he’s done so much at Danville for the youth and continues too, I think this is the best hire if they can make it happen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

That was my view on it too, but a lot of people had that view, I will tell you, if Clevenger is the guy, it will be a home run for Garrard County football, and our community, we need someone who will be involved with the youth as well, and he’s done so much at Danville for the youth and continues too, I think this is the best hire if they can make it happen. 

I don't think Clevenger would touch this job. Parents in the community of Danville and players all want Clevenger back being the head coach at Danville. I've seen so many bad post on social media about Coach Peach from players parents, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone next year. With the new administration at Danville, I could see him being the head man again. And Danville will be back in the hunt in 2 years for a championship. I don't think Garrard County will ever be championship caliber. 

7 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

I don't think Clevenger would touch this job. Parents in the community of Danville and players all want Clevenger back being the head coach at Danville. I've seen so many bad post on social media about Coach Peach from players parents, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone next year. With the new administration at Danville, I could see him being the head man again. And Danville will be back in the hunt in 2 years for a championship. I don't think Garrard County will ever be championship caliber. 

He may not, Garrard County could be championship caliber, they have shown it before in 2011, so to say that is a little out there, with the right coaching, and admin support they can be whatever they want to be, but it starts at the bottom, youth league is where all this starts, I guess we will all see what happens. 

To be championship caliber you need tradition, you need to have a productive youth league, and you have to have players that are bought in to the off-season. If you can't develop in the off-season/weight room, and there is no youth league as some of these posts have mentioned, you can have good teams but not championship teams. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EagleRare20 said:

To be championship caliber you need tradition, you need to have a productive youth league, and you have to have players that are bought in to the off-season. If you can't develop in the off-season/weight room, and there is no youth league as some of these posts have mentioned, you can have good teams but not championship teams. 

Youth league has struggled here, but most of it is because of no organization and no coaching from above being involved, It’s been a real struggle, and I agree with everything you said there, but tradition doesn’t always mean everything, you can create a new tradition, I think of college football… Clemson had zero tradition and look at them now, I know college is a bit different but tradition doesn’t mean everything, you just have to get parents, kids and admins to buy in, change the culture, it can be done but it’s not gonna be easy. 

7 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Danville will still be in the district with LCA. Don’t know if they can get back in the hunt with current alignment.