Open Job: Garrard County

Statsdontlie

I feel that Garrard made a mistake when they pulled out of the middle school conference with Boyle, Danville, Lincoln, Mercer, etc., and went to a conference with Berea, Madison Southern, etc.  also stopped letting youth teams play the Boyle teams.  Let them compete against good programs to get better.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Paul Dean said:

I feel that Garrard made a mistake when they pulled out of the middle school conference with Boyle, Danville, Lincoln, Mercer, etc., and went to a conference with Berea, Madison Southern, etc.  also stopped letting youth teams play the Boyle teams.  Let them compete against good programs to get better.

100% agree. Nailed it. 

I never understood why they did that, it never made any sense, heard today from someone close to the situation 3 names were given and no mention of Clevenger at all, I didn’t get the names mentioned as they wouldn’t tell but they said Clevenger was not one of them, so who knows which direction they are going. 

23 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy said:

Someone said in 2011 they were a championship caliber team, who was the coach then? Where is he now? I am unfamiliar with the Garrard Co history. 

Mark Scenters, took them to a state semifinal Appearance against belfry at home but lost 34-27, they were a couple of bad calls away from probably being state champions, as I think they would of beaten central, Scenters is at Estill as an assistant the last I heard, I would expect him to be in the mix this time around as well, he left to go back home to Madison Central but they fired him a couple of years ago I think. 

18 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

Mark Scenters, took them to a state semifinal Appearance against belfry at home but lost 34-27, they were a couple of bad calls away from probably being state champions, as I think they would of beaten central, Scenters is at Estill as an assistant the last I heard, I would expect him to be in the mix this time around as well, he left to go back home to Madison Central but they fired him a couple of years ago I think. 

Was one of the bad calls the dropped TD pass in the end zone at the end of the first half?  That's the play I remember.  Garrard was the better ball team that night but the best team doesn't always win.  This is not meant to bash Garrard but I don't think Clevenger would be a serious candidate. 

2 hours ago, The Rebel of Knights said:

Danville will still be in the district with LCA. Don’t know if they can get back in the hunt with current alignment. 

That dont mean nothing. LCA has been in the same District with Danville for a long time now. Somerset, Danville and LCA will always battle it out. LCA just has an outstanding Senior class this year. I think it will even out in a couple of years. Not many classes got 5 to 6 D1 kids in it like LCA does this year. 

13 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Was one of the bad calls the dropped TD pass in the end zone at the end of the first half?  That's the play I remember.  Garrard was the better ball team that night but the best team doesn't always win.

That play was just before halftime, I believe. Garrard went to halftime up 21-13 but had they caught that pass they go to the break up two scores. A don't remember bad calls, I just remember that being a classic football game between two very good teams.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Was one of the bad calls the dropped TD pass in the end zone at the end of the first half?  That's the play I remember.  Garrard was the better ball team that night but the best team doesn't always win.  This is not meant to bash Garrard but I don't think Clevenger would be a serious candidate. 

Ok I’m off the thread now, I guess we will all see how this plays out, have a good one fellas 🍻

47 minutes ago, NotMattJones said:

Is the job even posted yet? Seems like they may already know who they want. Weird this job is so quiet considering the uproar that happened when Coach Perry was let go. 

I agree, it doesn’t look as if it’s posted on the Garrard website yet, but I heard they were already taking interviews, which is weird if true, that’s kinda backwards. 

1 hour ago, Seybold24 said:

I agree, it doesn’t look as if it’s posted on the Garrard website yet, but I heard they were already taking interviews, which is weird if true, that’s kinda backwards. 

Does this mean they had a list of candidates already? Potentially even developing that list during the season? I think everyone hit the nail with Clevenger, Crutchfield, Scenters. If none of those work out, where do they go? Just oddly quiet.