Who are the Mr. Football front runners?

Matthewc

Here is my plug for Brady Clark, QB at Bardstown. He is close to surpassing the all time record for touchdown passes at Bardstown, currently held by the legendary John Wesley Monin, Who led the Tigers to an undefeated 2001 season with a state championship blowout of Prestonsburg.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Here is my plug for Brady Clark, QB at Bardstown. He is close to surpassing the all time record for touchdown passes at Bardstown, currently held by the legendary John Wesley Monin, Who led the Tigers to an undefeated 2001 season with a state championship blowout of Prestonsburg.

There is no doubt that Brady should be in the conversation and one of the finalists for the award.  First, he is an Awesome student athlete in every way.  He is the face of Bardstown HS.  On the field, he is one outstanding QB.  His throws are very accurate and he can put it where he wants to.  He is a strong runner as well.  And he helps out on the defensive side of the ball.  His leadership on and off the field is tremendous.  The numbers speak for themselves.  Bardstown will make a strong run for the 3A State Championship with Brady Clark running the show.  Keep up the great work Brady!!!  

As the author of the watchlist, I typically try to remain objective in the weekly post, itself. But... if I were throwing out my top contenders right now in this thread, it would probably look something like this:

1. Cam Hergott - Last year's winner has seemingly played at an even higher level this season. He's carried the mail for Beechwood every week, without fail.

2. Jack Sivori - Nowhere to be found on anyone's radar before the season, but has rapidly risen from unknown, to darkhorse, to #2 on my personal list. He should be on everyone's radar by now.

3. Joe Humphreys - Gaudy stats are hard to ignore, even if Daviess' strength of schedule is lacking. Barring an upset, he should continue to pile on through at least the third round of the playoffs.

4. Xavier Brown - Unquestionably one of the most dynamic offensive players in the state. The biggest thing working against him is, teammate Mason Moore is arguably LCA's MVP this season and has provided more diversity to the offense.

5. Clint McKee - Highly productive running back from a fringe contender. Has a chance this week against Owensboro to either solidify his standing or see his momentum halted. I don't think there's another player out there that has his candidacy tied more closely to one opponent than McKee.

A player like Vinny Anthony could easily springboard himself into anybody's top 5 if his production picks up, but he suffers from a lack of touches, due to blowouts and the talent around him. I love JaWaun Northington as well, but the optics there are trending down after the events of last week. But keep in mind, this is just a snapshot of the present. For most of the players that appear on the watchlist, there are still several games to go. For guys like Anthony and Northington, who have high profiles and strength of schedule on their side, closing strong could rocket them past every name on the list, save for maybe one or two.

• Like 1