Brewers at Reds (6/7 - 6/9)

• theguru changed the title to Brewers at Reds (6/7 - 6/9)
1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Seems like Vladimir Gutierrez had another good outing.  

Can't watch the games anymore because the Fox Sports Go/Bally Sports app doesn't recognize that I'm in the region for the Cincinnati Reds. Idiots.

He did pitch well.  Sometimes these guys that struggle in the minors perform well at major league level.  Need a win today to take the series.

IMO the pressure is now on Bob Castellini and the other cast of characters in the front office.  Pretty evident what is missing for this team to get over the hump and it is not continuing to get guys off the scrap pile.  Today’s loss is on the front office without question.  A 4-2 game and Dr. Doolittle strikes again.  Then walk out two guys that have no business being on a major league team.  I know Garrett has been bad, but is he honestly worse than Do Nothing?  Just another year of a revolving roster because owner is cheap and general manager is overmatched.

• Like 1

The Reds signed Iglesias to a 3 year contract to control cost. He is making $9 million.  When you do that the real value comes in the last years of the contract when the player could be making a lot more then what you are paying him. The Reds abandoned the value of that contract by trading Iglesias for nothing.  If you are going to trade the guy for nothing, you might as well keep him at that contract value and not worry about what happens in free agency this winter.  Or you hang on to him and, the way he is pitching now, I imagine you could get some good prospects for him from a team that truly wants to contend more than saving a few million.  The Iglesias trade and the Chapman trade have to be 2 of the worst moves in Reds history.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

The Reds signed Iglesias to a 3 year contract to control cost. He is making $9 million.  When you do that the real value comes in the last years of the contract when the player could be making a lot more then what you are paying him. The Reds abandoned the value of that contract by trading Iglesias for nothing.  If you are going to trade the guy for nothing, you might as well keep him at that contract value and not worry about what happens in free agency this winter.  Or you hang on to him and, the way he is pitching now, I imagine you could get some good prospects for him from a team that truly wants to contend more than saving a few million.  The Iglesias trade and the Chapman trade have to be 2 of the worst moves in Reds history.

Good points

More good news, the only reliever worth a dime just got put on the 10 day IL