Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Predict Highlands 2021 Record

Featured Replies

From @Rocket Man's post in the other thread, here is Highlands 2021 Schedule... How do you think the Birds will fare under new coach Bob Sphire?

078BCF90-6F27-4B61-8121-4D893419122A.jpeg

  • Replies 107
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • BlueKernels
    BlueKernels

    Good to see the HHS faithful with such reasonable expectations for the new coach’s first season. 

  • Saab Buyer
    Saab Buyer

    15-0 is the goal.

  • Sure, but the thread title isn't "What Should Highlands Goal Be?"

  • Author

I'll start. 

Many around the program think the talent is there to win games they lost over the last couple seasons. With that in mind, I'm going 8-2 with losses to Bowling Green and CovCath. I don't know anything about McNicholas, so I'm giving the Birds the win there by default. 

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I'll start. 

Many around the program think the talent is there to win games they lost over the last couple seasons. With that in mind, I'm going 8-2 with losses to Bowling Green and CovCath. I don't know anything about McNicholas, so I'm giving the Birds the win there by default. 

I am going to go 7-3.  HHS should beat McNick unless McNick has a super strong team and even then Highlands should still beat McNick. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I'll start. 

Many around the program think the talent is there to win games they lost over the last couple seasons. With that in mind, I'm going 8-2 with losses to Bowling Green and CovCath. I don't know anything about McNicholas, so I'm giving the Birds the win there by default. 

This is pretty accurate. Now what happens in the post season may be different. Or maybe not! JMO! I really think HHS the next couple to 5 years at least will close the Gap and swing the other way over CCH and other teams across the State. Again, just my Blue Colored Opinion but it's happened before. 1989 for starters....Highlands didn't go after Bob Sphire to be complacent! That's one thing that will change Immediately....

I am thinking 15-0 or maybe 14-1 with a State Championship.  Shouldn’t that be the goal each and every year?

  • Author
16 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Shouldn’t that be the goal each and every year?

Sure, but the thread title isn't "What Should Highlands Goal Be?"

19 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I am thinking 15-0 or maybe 14-1 with a State Championship.  Shouldn’t that be the goal each and every year?

What is the one loss you are potentially seeing JOAT?

BG, Dixie, and CCH will probably all beat Highlands. I’ll say 7-3.

Question, do you guys in the know have a sense of the Offense and Defense they will be running?   I'd think how much that changes, and how quickly the players adapt, may play a part in the record question.   

18 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

8-2, losses to BG and CovCath.

If the Birds don't beat McNick they are in big trouble.

Same thing I thought.

41 minutes ago, uninformedexpert said:

Question, do you guys in the know have a sense of the Offense and Defense they will be running?   I'd think how much that changes, and how quickly the players adapt, may play a part in the record question.   

In the past Coach Sphire has always ran a spread offense that utilizes a lot of crossing routes underneath why stretching the defense vertically; he was actually one of the first in KY to start running it years ago. I would be shocked if this changed.

In terms of defense, I would imagine that would be determined when Coach Sphire hires his DC. With spring ball around the corner, that decision should be made soon; I hope. 

55 minutes ago, theguru said:

What is the one loss you are potentially seeing JOAT?

Maybe Bowling Green because of first game jitters.  

I am hearing nothing but good things so far.  No more square pegs in round holes and complacency is not a word in Coach Sphire’s vocabulary.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.