TheDeuce

Predict Highlands 2021 Record

58 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

BG, Dixie, and CCH will probably all beat Highlands. I’ll say 7-3.

39 minutes ago, NKYPrepSportsFan said:

Ryle and Dixie will be tough games but Highlands should win. 

Dixie should be very good this year.

• Like 1

My opinion would be I really don't care what the record will be this fall.  I am looking for the little things.  Is he creating an environment where these kids are 100% sold to the program, is the community backing him up 100% regardless what he does on these Friday nights.  I see the tremendous talent in the pipeline (especially classes that will be Soph/Jr next year)...no offense to the upcoming Sr class but as far as #s go its going to be a heavy Soph/Jr talented team.  

Therefore, this fall I want to see a solid foundation created, so to J.O.A.T.'s opinion, Fall 2022 we are in the realistic discussion of making a run at the title.  

Now things might progress faster then my expectations and if they do O MY GOODNESS that would be awesome and I will take it.....but in my eyes 2022 contending championship is where my head is at.

• Like 5

Lots of good stuff there @FrankNicodemus.   This is a program re-build and thus far it looks like they really may have found the right guy for it.    Just one guy's perspective, but the more I hear and see, the more you have to step back and realize, "oh yeah, these are  things they really should have had, been doing, etc."   Thus far, Coach Sphire has demonstrated my favorite leadership quality of all.  A cold, unblinking assessment of where things are regardless of how bad or uncomfortable, but he also couples that with an unwavering belief that it will be fixed and they will be successful.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, observerbynature said:

Lots of good stuff there @FrankNicodemus.   This is a program re-build and thus far it looks like they really may have found the right guy for it.    Just one guy's perspective, but the more I hear and see, the more you have to step back and realize, "oh yeah, these are  things they really should have had, been doing, etc."   Thus far, Coach Sphire has demonstrated my favorite leadership quality of all.  A cold, unblinking assessment of where things are regardless of how bad or uncomfortable, but he also couples that with an unwavering belief that it will be fixed and they will be successful.   

Amen! Hard conversations are hard to have for a reason. Glad they’re happening. 

9-1. Loss to BG. Highlands has a lot of talent and returns a really nice QB that will play well into the Sphire plan. Cov Cath has dominated Highlands for a while but I think the Birds take down the Colonels in a classic game. Cov Cath looked extremely mortal last year without any Mayers, and now they don’t have a QB who started for 3 years. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am not much on predictions.  Walk the talk.  What I see is kids setting alarms at 5:30 getting up the school for early morning sessions and afternoon sessions running late.  I am a little upset with a few missing time, missing opportunity.  I will say this Oklahoma was said and Son came home with a twinkle in his eye.  For those underclass parents keep spouting about the young guns and wait to spring pads.  I know a few can’t wait to reset those expectations.  

No defense work yet but TE and h-back sets and drag routes oh my!  I will say a very good week!  Coach Sphire questions about the weight program dead accurate and needs to be addressed.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

9-1. Loss to BG. Highlands has a lot of talent and returns a really nice QB that will play well into the Sphire plan. Cov Cath has dominated Highlands for a while but I think the Birds take down the Colonels in a classic game. Cov Cath looked extremely mortal last year without any Mayers, and now they don’t have a QB who started for 3 years. 

I absolutely agree, Coach Sphire and BirdNation could be coming together at the perfect time when Cov Cath doesn't have the talent that they were blessed with for the last 4 years or so.  I realize they still will be a great team but they won't be that "Elite" team like they were during the Mayer Era.

23 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I absolutely agree, Coach Sphire and BirdNation could be coming together at the perfect time when Cov Cath doesn't have the talent that they were blessed with for the last 4 years or so.  I realize they still will be a great team but they won't be that "Elite" team like they were during the Mayer Era.

😳 WOW love it. Next couple years will definitely be fun to watch. 

45 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

So you are saying they had better talent than Highlands, but Highlands couldn't compete due to coaching? Ok.

• Like 2

I’m most interested in how the Male scrimmage goes. That scrimmage will be toughest opponent of the year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

So you are saying they had better talent than Highlands, but Highlands couldn't compete due to coaching? Ok.

I am totally saying Cov Cath had better talent....Was there any Power 5 teams visiting Ft. Thomas watching any Highlands football players in the last 5 years?  

So what my comment above was meaning is now I think the Cov Cath talent level and Highlands talent level is going to be level set these next few years.......so game on baby.

GO BIRDS!

• Like 1

Good to see the HHS faithful with such reasonable expectations for the new coach’s first season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

11 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

Good to see the HHS faithful with such reasonable expectations for the new coach’s first season. 

Because beating Cov Cath is such a ridiculous thought. Ha. Come on man. The talent is probably about even going into this year. Y’all had D1 freaks for some years there, those guys make your average players seem like studs (because of double teams and such).  You could see that some last year but this year you don’t have the QB with 3 years of experience.

Also Eddie has never coached against Sphire at Highlands. Rivalry game. The lowly highlands fans request permission to cheer for the birds vs colonels. Please oh please is it ok?

It’s also a nothing to lose game for Highlands. New coach, haven’t beat them in a while. We know we’re not supposed to win. I just think the talent gap is gone and the birds win. 

8-2 with losses to BG and CCH.

10 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Because beating Cov Cath is such a ridiculous thought. Ha. Come on man. The talent is probably about even going into this year. Y’all had D1 freaks for some years there, those guys make your average players seem like studs (because of double teams and such).  You could see that some last year but this year you don’t have the QB with 3 years of experience.

Also Eddie has never coached against Sphire at Highlands. Rivalry game. The lowly highlands fans request permission to cheer for the birds vs colonels. Please oh please is it ok?

It’s also a nothing to lose game for Highlands. New coach, haven’t beat them in a while. We know we’re not supposed to win. I just think the talent gap is gone and the birds win. 

Exactly! I mean I try to pay them a compliment and they twist it like I am trying to say something different. Lets move on and play these next few years and see where the chips fall. It will be a fun journey.

• Like 2