Predict Highlands 2021 Record

1 hour ago, YOUTH2019 said:

6-4.  Loses to BG,CCH,Dixie,Ryle.  New coach has been here for 30 days and some of you are picking out rings.  Highlands will get back to full competitive seasons but give the coach time to address his weaknesses.  Also he needs to build the youth program back up.  To date it’s struggling to keep kids and it’s not competitive yet.   I hope for NKY sake the program gets back to the early days but just not yet.  

I'll agree with potentially BG and CCH but totally disagree on Dixie and Ryle.  Highlands beat Ryle last year and Highlands will be better this coming year.

These kids are hungry and soaking up every bit of what this new coach is feeding them.

The youth program is already built.  The only thing that I saw missing is just the messaging from the top all the way down to the youth program.  I totally disagree with your wording in that the youth program needs to be built back up.

I keep reading your statement and just SMH.....

One of Birds biggest weakness (young and inexperience this past year) will pay big dividends this coming Fall and Fall 2022.....

GO BIRDS!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I'll agree with potentially BG and CCH but totally disagree on Dixie and Ryle.  Highlands beat Ryle last year and Highlands will be better this coming year.

These kids are hungry and soaking up every bit of what this new coach is feeding them.

The youth program is already built.  The only thing that I saw missing is just the messaging from the top all the way down to the youth program.  I totally disagree with your wording in that the youth program needs to be built back up.

I keep reading your statement and just SMH.....

One of Birds biggest weakness (young and inexperience this past year) will pay big dividends this coming Fall and Fall 2022.....

GO BIRDS!!!

Wording maybe off but the youth program is not competitive.  Playing each other over and over again is not competitive.  Plus kids that get mad at NKYFL go there to get away from there programs they are slated to play for.  Now if the retention was high on those kids then that helps some but we know that’s not the case. 

The high school can be on an up swing but it will take time.  Programs are built from the base just like a house.  If foundation is weak it shows in the ceiling first.  I believe Repair work is in place but some are already painting a cracked foundation. 

Dixie will be good this coming year.  Ryle will be good.  Those are not walk pass over games.  BG has a ton of returning starters from last year.  Covcath is loaded with a question mark at the QB spot.  Holtz was behind a  3 year starter.  Anyone that follows BGP knows Agee should have been the 3 year starter at Campbell. The sophomore qb will be coached by Eddie.  Any of them will be ready to fill that void come August 1. Find another weakness.  Plus if the basketball player plays at 6’6 TE with Jones and Wilson.  CCH vs HHS may look the same as last year. Or maybe not.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, YOUTH2019 said:

Wording maybe off but the youth program is not competitive.  Playing each other over and over again is not competitive.  Plus kids that get mad at NKYFL go there to get away from there programs they are slated to play for.  Now if the retention was high on those kids then that helps some but we know that’s not the case. 

The high school can be on an up swing but it will take time.  Programs are built from the base just like a house.  If foundation is weak it shows in the ceiling first.  I believe Repair work is in place but some are already painting a cracked foundation. 

Dixie will be good this coming year.  Ryle will be good.  Those are not walk pass over games.  BG has a ton of returning starters from last year.  Covcath is loaded with a question mark at the QB spot.  Holtz was behind a  3 year starter.  Anyone that follows BGP knows Agee should have been the 3 year starter at Campbell. The sophomore qb will be coached by Eddie.  Any of them will be ready to fill that void come August 1. Find another weakness.  Plus if the basketball player plays at 6’6 TE with Jones and Wilson.  CCH vs HHS may look the same as last year. Or maybe not.

I think your points on the varsity record this upcoming season have merit, but I would push back on the youth program being competitive.  I'm not sure how you're justifying that opinion.   Even if the games are inter-league 3-6, the competitive results would suggest otherwise when those kids get to middle school.  The group that are currently freshmen were two different teams in 7th and 8th grade, one of those teams won the Norsemen Conference 7th grade year and the other won the conference their 8th grade year.  The group that are currently 8th graders also had two teams this past year and one of them won the NKMSAA Medium School Division.   Numbers are very good across the board and Coach Sphire has been involved from top to bottom at a level that hasn't been seen in quite some time.  That performance on the field hardly suggests a cracked foundation.  What was or wasn't happening when those kids advanced to the high school level was a much bigger problem.   Just my two cents.  

• Like 2