TheDeuce

Predict Highlands 2021 Record

RB by committee could be the call.  Sam Robinson could tote as well.  I would like to see a few snaps under center as well.  I know a few that might lead block and blow open a few holes.  Again the line should be strong with size and Bowman and Kissie are return starters.  I expect Bibb to also move forward.  Young Roller works hard and I can see him progress quicker on the offensive side. 

6 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 5:38 PM, Tkinslow said:

I’m going 7-3 with losses to BG and CC and then they will probably drop another one somewhere maybe Ryle.

Winner.  Most importantly the energy will be back in the program.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 10:08 AM, Kenny Powers said:

I do not think it is fair to say that any player was/is not JV ready; JV football, especially in NKY is a total crapshoot on a week to week basis based on who is playing and who isn't playing; this has especially been true at HHS when they have had RBs having to play OL and a lot of guys out of position just to field the team in the last couple of years. In my opinion, and I would love to hear what @ChiefSmoke thinks about this topic, I think freshman football is a far better indication than JV football because you have players consistently working with the same guys and team like you would on the varsity level. 

In general, people under estimate the value of working your tail off in the offseason. I've had guys make huge improvement from end of season...spring....beginning of season.... end of season. When I see those guys excel, I am never surprised. But, I will have others express to me, almost shock... they can't believe how good the player has become. This especially applies to QBs. There is so much they can do between the ears, mechanics, understanding the playbook, etc. 

The opposite is true as well... if I see a guy with raw talent (especially QB's) but he does not love football, puts in no extra work prior to the season, and he struggles.... everyone else is surprised... but it doesn't surprise me. There is so much going on at the  QB position, to be a great one, you usually have to be a football / quarterback geek. 

I also agree that JV teams can vary widely from week to week. If the varsity gets hit hard with Injuries or has a big game that week, you may see a horrible JV team. Same program has an open week.... may be a tremendous JV team you face that week....especially if their varsity program is struggling. 

Because of the culture of Highlands football that goes back decades, I would never underestimate how much a young man can improve in an offseason. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChiefSmoke said:

In general, people under estimate the value of working your tail off in the offseason. I've had guys make huge improvement from end of season...spring....beginning of season.... end of season. When I see those guys excel, I am never surprised. But, I will have others express to me, almost shock... they can't believe how good the player has become. This especially applies to QBs. There is so much they can do between the ears, mechanics, understanding the playbook, etc. 

The opposite is true as well... if I see a guy with raw talent (especially QB's) but he does not love football, puts in no extra work prior to the season, and he struggles.... everyone else is surprised... but it doesn't surprise me. There is so much going on at the  QB position, to be a great one, you usually have to be a football / quarterback geek. 

I also agree that JV teams can vary widely from week to week. If the varsity gets hit hard with Injuries or has a big game that week, you may see a horrible JV team. Same program has an open week.... may be a tremendous JV team you face that week....especially if their varsity program is struggling. 

Because of the culture of Highlands football that goes back decades, I would never underestimate how much a young man can improve in an offseason. 

So true, especially on QB's. As I was reading this I immediately thought of Beechwood QB Brayden Burch. Heading into the 2016 season I thought Beechwood might have a problem at QB. QB Kyle Fieger had been a starter since the playoffs of his freshman season and had now graduated. Burch as the JV QB did not really show anything to get excited about. But wow .... I have never seen any player improve as much in an "off season" as Burch did. He came in like he had been the starter for years and led Beechwood to back to back state titles. He turned himself into that great leader that every state champion team needs at QB. A lot can change in an off season of hard work.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Winner.  Most importantly the energy will be back in the program.

I think that is the most accurate statement I have heard.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:53 AM, Sportsguy10 said:

Dude, how can you say that Senior class was not strong? They beat your team a 40-0! Then again in the playoffs! Here’s some advice worry about getting better. Don’t talk about CCH. Worry about beating Conner. 

Ageed. For those not in the know at CCH, they will be better next year than they were last year.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

Ageed. For those not in the know at CCH, they will be better next year than they were last year.

Oh, we all know CCH will be loaded next year. That's why most people are saying Birds may keep it close this year but in the years to come, its going to be a coin flip. CCH isn't changing their ways, but Highlands is.

• Like 3

Lol, you’re right I miss read your message BUT you’re still talking trash so I will gladly give you what you want. You got your head beat in 40-0 and can’t wait to watch the same thing next year! Go colonels!!

43 minutes ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Lol, you’re right I miss read your message BUT you’re still talking trash so I will gladly give you what you want. You got your head beat in 40-0 and can’t wait to watch the same thing next year! Go colonels!!

You have zero credibility with me!  Next man up you mention a QB name Hoyt.  We all know Holtz he played in the FTJFL.  You don’t know Chase at SK who is a heck of a QB; but you can throw out this 6’2” 165 up coming sophomores.  I don’t talk trash never dished on your program.  I obviously know to be the best you have to beat the best!  Right now the Birds are not there; but the nest is forming and boy I can’t wait until it does.  Your posts remind me of those runaway scores of yesteryears.  

53 minutes ago, Sportsguy10 said:

A wise old owl sat on an Oak

The more he saw the less he spoke

The less he spoke the more he heard

Why can’t we be like that wise old bluebird!

7 hours ago, Bird Bath said:

You have zero credibility with me!  Next man up you mention a QB name Hoyt.  We all know Holtz he played in the FTJFL.  You don’t know Chase at SK who is a heck of a QB; but you can throw out this 6’2” 165 up coming sophomores.  I don’t talk trash never dished on your program.  I obviously know to be the best you have to beat the best!  Right now the Birds are not there; but the nest is forming and boy I can’t wait until it does.  Your posts remind me of those runaway scores of yesteryears.  

Bro, lol relax. You take this wayyy to serous. Look at you going through old post. Calm it down. Lol, you made my morning. Good day

7 hours ago, Bird Bath said:

A wise old owl sat on an Oak

The more he saw the less he spoke

The less he spoke the more he heard

Why can’t we be like that wise old bluebird!

Lol, wow this is pretty awesome. Well, I’ll answer the old old old owl. Please spare me with the thought Highlands fans aren’t the biggest mouths in NKY. Now that you have your tell between your legs from a couple years of loosing you guys come on here handing out “wise old advice “. Please. 
get back to the thread. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Lol, wow this is pretty awesome. Well, I’ll answer the old old old owl. Please spare me with the thought Highlands fans aren’t the biggest mouths in NKY. Now that you have your tell between your legs from a couple years of loosing you guys come on here handing out “wise old advice “. Please. 
get back to the thread. 😂😂😂

Yes, let’s get back to this Cov Cath-er ah Highlands thread...ha jk.  Cov Cath fans and Highlands fans are probably the closest in similarity in the area. A lot of pride, a lot of investment, a lot of generations of families. Mostly classy, couple of knuckle heads. Knuckle heads are usually pretty good guys too. Both programs act similar and then call each other out. Pretty good stuff. 

It’s a good sign for Highlands if there is a little “smack talk” jibber jabber going on. Hopefully there still is some come November. 

I think it looks like it’s about to be nice rivalry again these coming years. 

• Like 5

On 3/7/2021 at 9:34 PM, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Oh, we all know CCH will be loaded next year. That's why most people are saying Birds may keep it close this year but in the years to come, its going to be a coin flip. CCH isn't changing their ways, but Highlands is.

I agree with that.

16 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Yes, let’s get back to this Cov Cath-er ah Highlands thread...ha jk.  Cov Cath fans and Highlands fans are probably the closest in similarity in the area. A lot of pride, a lot of investment, a lot of generations of families. Mostly classy, couple of knuckle heads. Knuckle heads are usually pretty good guys too. Both programs act similar and then call each other out. Pretty good stuff. 

It’s a good sign for Highlands if there is a little “smack talk” jibber jabber going on. Hopefully there still is some come November. 

I think it looks like it’s about to be nice rivalry again these coming years. 

I hope you are right @El Diablo but until I see it I won't believe it.