Radar

nWo

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

This storm is a gigantic bust. We’ve been fed anywhere from 4-18” by some meteorologists. Pretty disappointing and a great example of why people don’t trust weather reports, regardless of how unfair that is. 

The subjective review of objective material. 

9 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

This storm is a gigantic bust. We’ve been fed anywhere from 4-18” by some meteorologists. Pretty disappointing and a great example of why people don’t trust weather reports, regardless of how unfair that is. 

The only fair way to do it is to wait until the storm is over to give judgement on what was predicted to fall. This is just beginning and will last most of the night. 

Here is Richmond we are receiving very heavy freezing rain/sleet. 

2 minutes ago, nWo said:

The only fair way to do it is to wait until the storm is over to give judgement on what was predicted to fall. This is just beginning and will last most of the night. 

Here is Richmond we are receiving very heavy freezing rain/sleet. 

Here in Louisville, we were forecast to be in the worst of the storm right now, during the evening rush. Instead, we are entering a dry sector with no guarantee the storm fills back in. 

It’s nobody’s fault, it never is. All of the models pointed towards a heavy snow. But this storm is a bust, and will only hurt the relationship the public has with meteorologists. 

16 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Way to quit and raise the surrender flag in the middle of the second quarter.  

If you want it, I'd say it's coming.

"Pink stuff" is going through Taylor Mill right now.  I hear the crackling on the windows and see that the street and driveway is a skating rink.  I thought that was going to be mostly about 10-15 miles further south on a diagonal that matched I-71 headed northeast.  I guess it shifted even more north.

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Here in Louisville, we were forecast to be in the worst of the storm right now, during the evening rush. Instead, we are entering a dry sector with no guarantee the storm fills back in. 

It’s nobody’s fault, it never is. All of the models pointed towards a heavy snow. But this storm is a bust, and will only hurt the relationship the public has with meteorologists. 

If it is nobody's fault then why criticize the meteorologists?

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Relax... No need to take it personal. Simply pointing out what’s already unfolding. 

Who's taking it personal? I just asked a question if no one is at fault then why criticize anyone? 

1 minute ago, nWo said:

Who's taking it personal? I just asked a question if no one is at fault then why criticize anyone? 

Pointing out the public distrust in meteorologists AND pointing out how it can be unfair isn’t criticizing. Neither is discussing how a storm was forecast versus how it performed, unless one chooses to see it that way. 

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Ice?

Not sure, but I’d guess so. And being cautious. As you can imagine, the snow removal operation at the airport is incredible, so this may have been a decision based on the weather in the whole region, not just Louisville.