Sign in to follow this  
Tigerpride94

LIT Tournament

Evangel Christian (32) at Male (1)

Collegiate (17) at Bullitt East (16)

Valley (24) at Trinity (9)

Southern (25) at Pleasure Ridge Park (8)

Brown (29) at Jeffersontown (4)

Central (20) at North Bullitt (13)

Moore (21) at St. Xavier (12)

Atherton (28) at Butler (5)

Portland Christian (31) at Ballard (2)

Fairdale (18) at Manual (15)

Holy Cross (23) at Waggener (10)

Kentucky Country Day (26) at Seneca (7)

Beth Haven (30) at Fern Creek (3)

Western (19) at Doss (14)

Christian Academy (22) at DeSales (11)

Iroquois (27) at Eastern (6)

All 1st round games on March 1st at higher seed.

• Thanks 2

Kind of crazy they already released the matchups.  Would have thought they could have released the plans, then seeded in mid February after hopefully everyone got a couple of weeks of games in. 

• Like 2

Paging through the scores this morning and seeing no Jefferson County public school  scores got me to thinking.   Is JCPS the only school district  in the  state not allowing its schools to play?

42 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

Paging through the scores this morning and seeing no Jefferson County public school  scores got me to thinking.   Is JCPS the only school district  in the  state not allowing its schools to play?

I know military base schools of Fort Knox and Fort Campbell aren’t playing but not sure if anyone else is not playing.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Aren't the LIT seedings determined by the SETH ratings, a creation of  Jerry Wyman, the recently departed A.D. for JCPS?   For the sake of consistency couldn't they be used?

4 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

Aren't the LIT seedings determined by the SETH ratings, a creation of  Jerry Wyman, the recently departed A.D. for JCPS?   For the sake of consistency couldn't they be used?

This year they seeded with last years SETH rankings since JCPS wasn’t playing when bracket made.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

They used last year's final SETH ratings to initially seed this season. That put a few teams in high positions that probably didn't deserve it (Jeffersontown is 4th, for example). I know Louisville teams haven't played as many games but they should be able to get a decent rating and seeding by this point.

• Thanks 1

I remember when the LIT was something really elite....it's still a nice tournament, but not quite the same prestige as back when it was the top 12 ranked teams in Jefferson County plus 4 of the top teams located just outside of Louisville.  Now, it's pretty much just a combined "6th and 7th Region" tournament preview....not so much of an "invitational" anymore..

People used to wait with "baited breath" to see if their team would get an invitation...

Again, still great fun, and something to look forward to - but ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColonelMike said:

I remember when the LIT was something really elite....it's still a nice tournament, but not quite the same prestige as back when it was the top 12 ranked teams in Jefferson County plus 4 of the top teams located just outside of Louisville.  Now, it's pretty much just a combined "6th and 7th Region" tournament preview....not so much of an "invitational" anymore..

People used to wait with "baited breath" to see if their team would get an invitation...

Again, still great fun, and something to look forward to - but ...

I agree, Colonel.   When the semi's were played on Saturday morning at the old Convention Center/Armory downtown you saw in most years 4 teams better than those who made the state semi's.   Plus you could get a great seat and the ambience was something else.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

I agree, Colonel.   When the semi's were played on Saturday morning at the old Convention Center/Armory downtown you saw in most years 4 teams better than those who made the state semi's.   Plus you could get a great seat and the ambience was something else.

I agree and would have large crowds. Was a big time atmosphere.

Sign in to follow this