PurplePride92

Is Highlands still a top job?

With Eddie James being the runner up choice who jilted Highlands at the altar one has to wonder if Highlands has the same allure that it used to have.  

How come no one wants to coach at Highlands anymore?  

Anyone?  

I think so. A good coach can clearly win there based on historical record of the school.

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings on this one but I don't think the Highlands job is near what it was 10 years ago. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

With Eddie James being the runner up choice who jilted Highlands at the altar one has to wonder if Highlands has the same allure that it used to have.

How come no one wants to coach at Highlands anymore?  

Anyone?  

🍿Oh boy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes. It is a great job. The community, school, & administration are committed to excellence in their football program. 

It's been a tough stretch.... but Highlands is still Highlands. 

• Like 6

I would say it has taken a slight fall over the last 10 years, but it’s still a top job for the right person. It can be “easy” to say all the right things in an interview, but when the challenges are now right in front of you , it may not be for everyone. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think so. A good coach can clearly win there based on historical record of the school.

Really, Is UCLA in basketball still a good job?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not sure if I can call it a top job but it’s still better than most. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Really, Is UCLA in basketball still a good job?

Depends on what you class as good job. I consider Highlands a top 10 job in state. I do consider UCLA a good job.

Highlands won state championship in 2014 which is not that long ago. I think a good coach can certainly get them back on winning track. 

Highlands is an amazing job.  Wes Caldwell needs to put in the description the job stands at 6’5”.

Bathiany and Lickert are still good options in my book. I’m not sure Wolfe is a possibility or not.  I actually prefer if the head coach played at Highlands and knew what state championship culture is all about. Just because 4 old Highlands players get upset because a potential hire jilted the school after committing doesn’t mean the whole town is crazy. We are proud of our state championship culture and we want to continue it. 

• Like 1

From the outside looking in the kids that were the Highlands dynasty seem to now go to other Dominant NKY program(s) we interviewed a Cov Cath player and his sibling and friends he grew up with went to Highlands that kinda lets you know.

Just now, Big Things Kentucky said:

From the outside looking in the kids that were the Highlands dynasty seem to now go to other Dominant NKY program(s) we interviewed a Cov Cath player and his sibling and friends he grew up with went to Highlands that kinda lets you know.

You do realize that Eddie Eviston is his uncle correct?  Can Hergott would have been at Highlands at the same time.  Who you think would have played?

Just another misinformed poster looking to take potshots at Highlands. 

• Like 2

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.