Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Highlands still a top job?

Featured Replies

With Eddie James being the runner up choice who jilted Highlands at the altar one has to wonder if Highlands has the same allure that it used to have.  

How come no one wants to coach at Highlands anymore?  

Anyone?  

  • Replies 185
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    What trouble? They went through an interview process with a number of candidates and in a rather short amount of time hired a coach. That coach was a fine candidate for the position. Unfortunately tha

  • James Graham
    James Graham

    First, I have no dog in this fight.  Second, I do believe that Highlands is a top job in the state and likely always will be.  To me, this is the classic demographics battle that many public scho

  • KY Outsider
    KY Outsider

    You almost wonder anymore if any high school coaching job is really worth the trouble with all the parent involvement anymore. 

I think so. A good coach can clearly win there based on historical record of the school.

I have mixed feelings on this one but I don't think the Highlands job is near what it was 10 years ago. 

48 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

With Eddie James being the runner up choice who jilted Highlands at the altar one has to wonder if Highlands has the same allure that it used to have.

 How come no one wants to coach at Highlands anymore?  

Anyone?  

?Oh boy....

Yes. It is a great job. The community, school, & administration are committed to excellence in their football program. 

It's been a tough stretch.... but Highlands is still Highlands. 

I would say it has taken a slight fall over the last 10 years, but it’s still a top job for the right person. It can be “easy” to say all the right things in an interview, but when the challenges are now right in front of you , it may not be for everyone. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think so. A good coach can clearly win there based on historical record of the school.

Really, Is UCLA in basketball still a good job?

Not sure if I can call it a top job but it’s still better than most. 

2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Really, Is UCLA in basketball still a good job?

Depends on what you class as good job. I consider Highlands a top 10 job in state. I do consider UCLA a good job.

Highlands won state championship in 2014 which is not that long ago. I think a good coach can certainly get them back on winning track. 

Highlands is an amazing job.  Wes Caldwell needs to put in the description the job stands at 6’5”.

Bathiany and Lickert are still good options in my book. I’m not sure Wolfe is a possibility or not.  I actually prefer if the head coach played at Highlands and knew what state championship culture is all about. Just because 4 old Highlands players get upset because a potential hire jilted the school after committing doesn’t mean the whole town is crazy. We are proud of our state championship culture and we want to continue it. 

From the outside looking in the kids that were the Highlands dynasty seem to now go to other Dominant NKY program(s) we interviewed a Cov Cath player and his sibling and friends he grew up with went to Highlands that kinda lets you know.

Just now, Big Things Kentucky said:

From the outside looking in the kids that were the Highlands dynasty seem to now go to other Dominant NKY program(s) we interviewed a Cov Cath player and his sibling and friends he grew up with went to Highlands that kinda lets you know.

You do realize that Eddie Eviston is his uncle correct?  Can Hergott would have been at Highlands at the same time.  Who you think would have played?

Just another misinformed poster looking to take potshots at Highlands. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.