Is Highlands still a top job?

7 hours ago, 9068 said:

Most certainly does. I have seen some people that are really fine coaches work in programs that are not "high profile". They get all they can out of the players they have, have fundamentally sound teams, and are respected and appreciated by their community.

Some coaches want the high pressure opportunities and have something to prove and some coaches just want to be the head coach. 

As mentioned previously, this is what Highlands hire such a difficult get. Got to have all the attributes that the majority of coaches might have but just don’t have the energy to bring to the table on a daily basis. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harry Doyle said:

This isn't exactly going out on a limb here, but I just have a feeling that everything within reason is being revisited to try and get Wolfe....

If that happens or not? I don't know.

I think it is the case. Not being negative, but Male usually has more athletes than Highlands which is huge in HS football. Plus, with the way the alignment is right now Male misses T and X until later in playoffs correct? I have witnessed situations where people have "sold the farm" to make a hire. If that happens how does administration ever say no to anything?? Eventually that can cause a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

I think it is the case. Not being negative, but Male usually has more athletes than Highlands which is huge in HS football. Plus, with the way the alignment is right now Male misses T and X until later in playoffs correct? I have witnessed situations where people have "sold the farm" to make a hire. If that happens how does administration ever say no to anything?? Eventually that can cause a problem.

Male, X, and Trinity are in different districts so earliest could meet is 3rd round for Male and X. Trinity is in East region so other two can’t face them until 4th round and it all depends on RPI from 3rd round on.

I think it is still a top job, but students, alumni and supporters need to curb expectations a bit.  Dale was an outlier.   If you look through their history, Highlands head coaches aren't there for 20 seasons.    They need to hire someone that can restore the swagger they had under Dale, but don't expect someone to lead that swagger for 2 decades.

5 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I think it is still a top job, but students, alumni and supporters need to curb expectations a bit.  Dale was an outlier.   If you look through their history, Highlands head coaches aren't there for 20 seasons.    They need to hire someone that can restore the swagger they had under Dale, but don't expect someone to lead that swagger for 2 decades.

Did Highlands win titles before Dale?  And after Dale?  You are right in that Dale is an outlier, but this program has success before him and will have it after him.

• Like 7