St. Xavier New Stadium and Athletic Complex...

Riverside 157

Why thanks Diogenes!

Just so ya'll know my schedule is cleared for that weekend the stadium opens. I will be more than happy to be the Grand Marshal of the parade. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We knew we could count on you, Tony! The MASTER PLAN can move forward now. :thumb:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The school has done a really poor job of publicizing this construction and keeping people up to date with the going ons. The photo is taken from the same angle once every 2 weeks. If it weren't for the pics I took a couple of months ago, you wouldn't even know about the fieldhouse unless you stopped by campus. They're dropping the ball on a huge event.

The school has done a really poor job of publicizing this construction and keeping people up to date with the going ons. The photo is taken from the same angle once every 2 weeks. If it weren't for the pics I took a couple of months ago, you wouldn't even know about the fieldhouse unless you stopped by campus. They're dropping the ball on a huge event.

Due to OSHA and the contained construction site they have not been on the site that much. They do not want crowds here checking things out.

:laugh: That's a good one. No they haven't publized at all . . .

Look at their website, they have a whole video. Put pics up every couple of weeks on their website. They have a full-blown campaign for "Project X".

The people at X have done a GREAT job and will have an "unequaled" facility this fall!!

:laugh: That's a good one. No they haven't publized at all . . .

Look at their website, they have a whole video. Put pics up every couple of weeks on their website. They have a full-blown campaign for "Project X".

The people at X have done a GREAT job and will have an "unequaled" facility this fall!!

Sorry Charlie, but I also think that they've done a very poor job of keeping everyone informed. I visited the website again, and can't find a video or a reference to the new construction, except "construction photo" Singular.

Charlie, as much as I love you and the job you've done so far at ND, I have to disagree with you. They did a wonderful job on the Project X video and publications, but now that they've begun construction, they've taken one photo from the same view every other week. THS did a great job of taking pics of the construction process and updated it. Again, if it weren't for the pictures I took, no one that looks at the school's website would know that the fieldhouse has been constructed nor would they have a good idea of what the baseball field looks like.

They did a great job of preparing campaign publications to get money, they're just not doing a good job of showing people what they've done with the money they've collected. I think it would help with the ongoing campaign to show people everything that's going on in a series of pictures, rather than one picture of the same thing every other week.

I understand the OSHA concerns as well, but it's pretty easy to use a camera from the "safe" side of the fence. 90% of the pics I took were that way. I just poked the camera between the links so they wouldn't obscure the photos.

Can you link me to a picture of the tennis center? It's been complete for a year, yet I haven't been able to find a picture of it on the website. If it's on there, I imagine it's in the news archives somewhere, rather than an easy to find location, like an "Update on Project X" section. In this imaginary section, you can see multiple angles of the current construction, along with photos of the completed tennis center, student entrance, new roads, etc. and even have an update on how the campaign itself is going.

Charlie, as much as I love you and the job you've done so far at ND, I have to disagree with you. They did a wonderful job on the Project X video and publications, but now that they've begun construction, they've taken one photo from the same view every other week. THS did a great job of taking pics of the construction process and updated it. Again, if it weren't for the pictures I took, no one that looks at the school's website would know that the fieldhouse has been constructed nor would they have a good idea of what the baseball field looks like.

They did a great job of preparing campaign publications to get money, they're just not doing a good job of showing people what they've done with the money they've collected. I think it would help with the ongoing campaign to show people everything that's going on in a series of pictures, rather than one picture of the same thing every other week.

I understand the OSHA concerns as well, but it's pretty easy to use a camera from the "safe" side of the fence. 90% of the pics I took were that way. I just poked the camera between the links so they wouldn't obscure the photos.

Can you link me to a picture of the tennis center? It's been complete for a year, yet I haven't been able to find a picture of it on the website. If it's on there, I imagine it's in the news archives somewhere, rather than an easy to find location, like an "Update on Project X" section. In this imaginary section, you can see multiple angles of the current construction, along with photos of the completed tennis center, student entrance, new roads, etc. and even have an update on how the campaign itself is going.

I agree but I think that certain people in charge cannot handle criticism and do not want to hear the voices from the outside questioning decisions.