Open Job: Trinity

18 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

If they make hire from out of state will be highly unlikely they will bring a staff with them. I doubt they hire someone locally but that would be a case of bringing some other coaches in. I think most likely current coaches will be retained.

Kevin Wright brought Coverdale with him from Noblesville IN, maybe the new coach will bring his key assistant or maybe two (OC? DC?) and retain the rest of the staff knowing he can hire his own guys down the road if the current assistants don't match his system.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Coach Beatty and the T! I went back and looked at it and only 3 Teams were able to snatch the 6 other titles he didn’t win. Male, X, Scott County. That’s impressive! 

One thing that I see that’s not taken into account here is public versus private retirements when we post these list. So given that into consideration here would be my personal short list for this job. This means these are the people I would target.

Brian Brohm

Chuck Smith 

Sam Adams

Stephon Lefors 

Everyone else would be national for me! 

I would imagine Brian Brohm would be taking a massive pay cut, unless I’m really under estimating how much money Trinity actually has. 

Whoever is hired, it will be interesting to see the assistants that remain on staff and who is brought into staff by the new coach. It’s just tricky to get assistants to move especially if it’s out of state. 

1 hour ago, Hard Work said:

Congratulations to Coach Beatty and the T! I went back and looked at it and only 3 Teams were able to snatch the 6 other titles he didn’t win. Male, X, Scott County. That’s impressive! 

One thing that I see that’s not taken into account here is public versus private retirements when we post these list. So given that into consideration here would be my personal short list for this job. This means these are the people I would target.

Brian Brohm

Chuck Smith 

Sam Adams

Stephon Lefors 

Everyone else would be national for me! 

Purely because of age, I do not see Trinity going after Chuck Smith. Clearly a legend but I doubt Trinity wants to hire another coach in less than 5 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Purely because of age, I do not see Trinity going after Chuck Smith. Clearly a legend but I doubt Trinity wants to hire another coach in less than 5 years. 

I don't know if he would be interested or not, but any program that could get Chuck Smith should hire him. He may have more gas in the tank than people realize. And, he is a GREAT football coach. I've coached with him, learned from him, had to coach against him over the past 37 years. I am biased... he has been a great friend and helped me to be a much better coach and person.... but I do believe there is no one better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiefSmoke said:

I don't know if he would be interested or not, but any program that could get Chuck Smith should hire him. He may have more gas in the tank than people realize. And, he is a GREAT football coach. I've coached with him, learned from him, had to coach against him over the past 37 years. I am biased... he has been a great friend and helped me to be a much better coach and person.... but I do believe there is no one better. 

I 100% agree with you. He’s up there on the KY Mt. Rushmore with Dale Mueller and Beatty. I just don’t know if Trinity would want a short term hire. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Chuck Smith interviewed for the THS job back in 2000 when Beatty was hired.  Pretty sure he was among the finalists.

• Like 1

Due to age I don't think Chuck Smith would be a legitimate option....

... but there is another Smith who would have decades of success there with similar DNA and might be able to elevate Trinity above even where it is now on a National level.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, LongTimeReader said:

Looking at in state coaches, would Coach Scroggins be someone that could get an interview? 

He would be a great hire. And if I’m not mistaken, his youngest is graduating from Desales this year. So he’ll be ready to get back in the head coach seat.