30 minutes ago, theguru said:

I hear nothing but good things about Coach Cobb. 

Have no kids there now but all my friends who do have said nothing but good things.

And I know they love him in the classroom also.

Just now, EastSideJunkie said:

Have no kids there now but all my friends who do have said nothing but good things.

And I know they love him in the classroom also.

It sounds as if Coach Cobb would make a great head coach for Trinity.

My only "reservation" would be Trinity would still have to find a high end Offensive Coordinator. 

Did Beatty call the offense? If they promote the DC I’m going to guess the OL coach gets promoted to OC. 

Evidently Trinity will be announcing the new HC this afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had multiple sources say Jay Cobb will be the new Trinity head football coach.  We all find out officially soon. 

Congratulations to him if he does end of being the one selected. I'm sure his first HC move will be to find an offensive play caller. 

I am excited about this hire....but will be honest.  I am very concerned about who our OC is going to be.  Just because they know our system, doesn't mean that given certain situations and scenarios, we'll have the right play called.  That hasn't been a concern over the last 21 years with Beatty, Cove, and Sam Adams.... hoping that continues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockPride said:

I am excited about this hire....but will be honest.  I am very concerned about who our OC is going to be.  Just because they know our system, doesn't mean that given certain situations and scenarios, we'll have the right play called.  That hasn't been a concern over the last 21 years with Beatty, Cove, and Sam Adams.... hoping that continues.

I’m pretty sure the current OL coach has been very involved in the offense for awhile. I don’t think this was a surprise to anyone on staff so the grooming of certain individuals I bet has been going on for some time. Don’t get me wrong. T has had some extremely good OCs for a long run. I expect it will continue. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I wonder if Coverdale considers a return...

I was thinking the same thing earlier.

20 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I wonder if Coverdale considers a return...

I really really really hope so brother.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, barrel said:

I’m pretty sure the current OL coach has been very involved in the offense for awhile. I don’t think this was a surprise to anyone on staff so the grooming of certain individuals I bet has been going on for some time. Don’t get me wrong. T has had some extremely good OCs for a long run. I expect it will continue. 

Yes, and I hope Oscar Brohm continues as (full- or part-time) QB coach.   I am not an insider but I really feel that he has helped Trinity develop good QB's. ( He had pretty good success with two of his sons.)

• Like 2