Open Job: Trinity

Congratulations to Coach Beatty! Top notch coach running a top notch program. They have had several talented assistants leave in the last few years that I think would make excellent places to at least start the search. They will draw interest from some of the best I’m sure. 

I've been anxiously awaiting this thread for a while. Neither in a good or bad way. Its definitely an odd one.

There is one former assistant, whose name escapes me at the moment, that is a current HC in Tennessee. I believe he's in his mid-30's. Smith? maybe. Anyway, I'd started hearing his name as a possible replacement after the '17 season.

This will certainly be fun to keep track of. I have faith in Trinity AD Rob Saxton to make the best possible decision for the Rocks football program.

• Like 1

This will be interesting.

There will be plenty of applications and they will for sure have their 'pick' of some good coaches. Will be very hard to replace Beatty.

Not sure these guys would be the guy but a couple of names - Trinity guys - that struck me:

Jay Cobb - Current Trinity DC and I know from my buddy (kid is a junior) that the kids love coach Cobb and the others on the current staff

Will Stein - Former Trinity and U of L QB and current QB coach at UTSA.

Andrew Coverdale - he's at Cincy St. X now and was at Trinity a long time

Sam Adams - former Trinity OC now a head coach in Alabama

And I know it's a long shot but too bad there's not a Brohm to take over. I doubt Brian would want to do it at this point of his career.

• Thanks 1

I wonder who is on the search committee?  I am sure Rob Saxton and Rob Mullen are chairing it but would be interesting to know who else.  I would have to believe they already have a list they want to talk to and may have already quietly reached out to them.

3 hours ago, EastSideJunkie said:

There will be plenty of applications and they will for sure have their 'pick' of some good coaches. Will be very hard to replace Beatty.

Not sure these guys would be the guy but a couple of names - Trinity guys - that struck me:

Jay Cobb - Current Trinity DC and I know from my buddy (kid is a junior) that the kids love coach Cobb and the others on the current staff

And I know it's a long shot but too bad there's not a Brohm to take over. I doubt Brian would want to do it at this point of his career.

Highly unlikely any of these people get the job. 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

I wonder if the new coach will keep the existing assistant coaches or will bring his own assistants or maybe a mix of existing assistants and his own.

If they make hire from out of state will be highly unlikely they will bring a staff with them. I doubt they hire someone locally but that would be a case of bringing some other coaches in. I think most likely current coaches will be retained.

14 hours ago, EastSideJunkie said:

That can be a difficult transition if not handled correctly. There are just a lot of decisions the HC has to make that will make some players and parents unhappy that a coordinator does not have to deal with. Kind of like a coordinator is the "big brother" and the head coach is the "Dad".