Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it time for Calipari to go?

Featured Replies

Not sure if there is already a thread for this but with the loss to Louisville the cats are now 1-6. I’ve seen many people on social media express their beliefs toward this question so I thought I’d bring it on here.

  • Replies 230
  • Views 32.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone post Coach Cal's record at KY by year?

And in the one and done culture bad teams are the nature of the beast. 

First of all, no, I do not believe it is time for him to go.  Yes, this year stinks.  Yes, people will note his lack of NCAA tourney success since the 38-0 team.  I think he's gotten a bit of what I call "Tubby luck" since then.  Just couldn't quite squeeze the victory in the Elite Eight in 2017 & 2019, and unfortunately his team laid an egg in a fortuitous spot in 2018 (example of that Tubby luck, PJ Washington's foot injury in 2019 limiting him some, akin to Bogans).  That doesn't even touch on losing out on last year's team that was playing very, very well late and then lost the entire tourney to Covid.  This year is bad.  It's going to be bad.  It stinks that he's going to whiff on a season.  But the last several years are not the failure some seem to portray.  It's just not his first six years, which were among the best stretches in Kentucky basketball history.  Cal should be here until he is ready to go IMO. 

46 minutes ago, theguru said:

Can anyone post Coach Cal's record at KY by year?

And in the one and done culture bad teams are the nature of the beast. 

People use the term “one and done” too loosely. UK lost one Freshman to the draft last year, one transferred during last year, another after the season. The other is nursing an injury. 
 

This has been the perfect confluence of events with a really weak Freshman class and COVID not allowing for their normal “easy” tune-up games this team needs.

Time for a new culture in Ky basketball, would be refreshing and a new face with a different system would be great, just my opinion.

Calipari is a Hall of Fame coach and this is definitely the anomaly.    I just wish he would take a different tact as far as what he says and his adjustments but he is the Hall of Fame coach and not me so he easily can do what he wants and does not need my opinion.  ?

44 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

No, it is not.

Agreed.

North Carolina was 14-19 last year but Roy Williams is still there.  One terrible start to the season doesn't bring an end to a coaches time at that school.

24 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Agreed.

North Carolina was 14-19 last year but Roy Williams is still there.  One terrible start to the season doesn't bring an end to a coaches time at that school.

In all honesty, it might be getting time for Roy's departure.  It just seems like the program is on the down slide.  Just my thoughts.

No, but he's on the hot seat with fans like never before, and I understand that.  I feel like his own stubbornness is getting in the way the older he gets.  Or maybe it just seems like that because we're terrible. LOL 

14 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

In all honesty, it might be getting time for Roy's departure.  It just seems like the program is on the down slide.  Just my thoughts.

North Carolina just won a title in 2017.  They beat UK in the elite 8, by 2 points to get there.  But ok, these two programs are clearly in on the down hill slide. 

4 hours ago, bugatti said:

People use the term “one and done” too loosely. UK lost one Freshman to the draft last year, one transferred during last year, another after the season. The other is nursing an injury. 
 

This has been the perfect confluence of events with a really weak Freshman class and COVID not allowing for their normal “easy” tune-up games this team needs.

The irony there is I am pretty sure this year's freshman class was ranked the #1 recruiting class. Talent wise it was supposed to be Cal's best class in several years. I haven't watched them much so not qualified to say what the problem is, but in the time I have watched them I don't see a shooter or much of offensive threat. I see physically talented players but no scorers.

11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The irony there is I am pretty sure this year's freshman class was ranked the #1 recruiting class. Talent wise it was supposed to be Cal's best class in several years. I haven't watched them much so not qualified to say what the problem is, but in the time I have watched them I don't see a shooter or much of offensive threat. I see physically talented players but no scorers.

They actually are a good enough defensive team.  But they just can't do much offensively, and I'm talking more than just shooting.

45 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

They actually are a good enough defensive team.  But they just can't do much offensively, and I'm talking more than just shooting.

Totally disagree with you on this, if Jackson doesn’t block a shot this team is horrible defensively!!

Cal has been treading down since the Whiskey loss. His system is broken and refuses too change. He favors his one and done kids and runs off everyone else. This isn’t KY basketball and his time needs to be over.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.