Lloyd High School Football Coaching Change?

JOHNDUNHOFT

I agree. I think it would totally unfair to just name someone. I do think that cantidates form inside should get the same consideration as anyone else. Like Lucas said in the interview....with the redistricting and class system change this is a good time for a change. I just hope a school of Lloyd's size will draw quality talent. Espically with other schools in the area looking as well.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I think it would totally unfair to just name someone. I do think that cantidates form inside should get the same consideration as anyone else. Like Lucas said in the interview....with the redistricting and class system change this is a good time for a change. I just hope a school of Lloyd's size will draw quality talent. Espically with other schools in the area looking as well.

I'm not positive, but I think the only other school in NKY. looking is Conner. Lloyd will get quality applicants for the head coaching position, as they are a quality program with a great tradition. Does anyone know if the new HC will be required to teach at the school?

I brought that up last nite in a discussion with some teachers and they were not sure. The Basketball Coach teaches however, the Baseball Coach is a not a teacher. I also have talked to some individuals that want to put there names in the hat if they don't have to teach. It is going to be interesting until Lloyd names a new Football Coach. JD

This is not a rumor, nor have I heard anything to fortify this, it's only a thought, but could this be Coach Mike Wolfe's opportunity...finally? Apparently he is not too high up in the Conner discussions, so, would this work? I haven't spoken with Coach Wolfe for a couple of years, so I do not know if he even wants to be a head coach. However, I think that this would be a good opportunity for him. Lloyd has talented kids, the cupboard isn't bare by any stretch.

THE JUGGERNAUT, I am sure after the success that Roy Jr. had they will get a good replacement. Lloyd has alot to offer next year and in years to come as the Lions program has been increasing kids the last 3 years. Just hope they all decide to stay in Erlanger and play football. And if Roy decides to stay as an assistant to someone else it may even be better. He was a good coach and leader and I only wish him the best. JD

He's a great guy who needs to stay in football. He's good for the kids...

I think Mike Wolfe would be a great fit. I have watched him coach at Ryle for the past two years and he has impressed me with what he does and the knowledge of the game. As far as the Seniors go they are a good group of kids and will adjust to ever steps in. There are several good coaches sticking around. JD

• 1 month later...

For the record, Mike Woolf did not apply for the Conner Head Coaching position, and he did not apply for the Lloyd Head Coaching position.

This is not a rumor, nor have I heard anything to fortify this, it's only a thought, but could this be Coach Mike Wolfe's opportunity...finally? Apparently he is not too high up in the Conner discussions, so, would this work? I haven't spoken with Coach Wolfe for a couple of years, so I do not know if he even wants to be a head coach. However, I think that this would be a good opportunity for him. Lloyd has talented kids, the cupboard isn't bare by any stretch.

• 2 weeks later...