Uploading or changing profile pictures/avatars

zebraman

Just now, zebraman said:

Is there an informational thread somewhere about what size and type and such avatars are acceptable?

If you go to upload a new avatar, it will allow you to crop it to the allowed size. 

• Thanks 1

How to upload or change your profile picture/avatar:

1) In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click on the small arrow next to your username to open your user profile drop-down menu. Click on "Profile".

2062787026_AvatarStep1.thumb.jpg.253028234cc1db27cded9a0fc3bd50f7.jpg

2) Once you've navigated to your profile page, click on the small gray "Profile Photo" icon in the lower-left corner of your profile photo.

1098707522_AvatarStep2.thumb.jpg.e2a18428a2c7ec4412af4028da1d0b49.jpg

3) When the Profile Photo popup window opens, you will be able to either select a profile photo from the images saved your computer/mobile devices, or to select a profile photo from an online image by copying and pasting an image URL. The file size for your profile photo can be up to 97.66MB, and accepted file types include: gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png.
275119311_AvatarStep3.thumb.jpg.f798f8a13ec940baa848412faaad23ea.jpg

4) Once you have selected your profile photo, click the "Continue" button in the lower-right corner of the Profile Photo popup window. This will automatically take you to the "Adjust Size" feature.

2035172999_AvatarStep4.thumb.jpg.ecc61dcaafb91299d1b041d2638ddfcc.jpg

5) After you have adjusted your new profile photo, click "Save" in the lower-rights corner of the Profile Photo popup window. This will automatically close the popup window, and your new profile photo will be set.
869857835_AvatarStep5.thumb.jpg.3872a73379e2b41e48c4b43810451cd5.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

Looks like he's about to get a nibble of the tail of whatever he's chasing. If he just ... had ... longer ... arms. 🦖 😆

Don't need longer arms when you can run that fast.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just had a good laugh at new BGP member @Saab Buyer's profile picture, so it made me think to go ahead and give this thread a bump.

We like to encourage members here on BGP to include a profile picture for their account...it's a good way to help increase your visibility as a member here on the site and to express a little more about yourself, your interests, or your sense of humor with the rest of the community.

There are instructions up in the the 3rd post in this thread for adding/changing your profile picture, or if anyone needs a hand, feel free to ask here or message one of the moderators or administrators and we can get you set up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

We like to encourage members here on BGP to include a profile picture for their account...it's a good way to help increase your visibility as a member here on the site and to express a little more about yourself, your interests, or your sense of humor with the rest of the community.

How many folks have never changed their avatar? I’ve been here almost 20 years and the one I have now is my only one. (It’s a Detroit Lions logo from the 1930s).

11 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

How many folks have never changed their avatar? I’ve been here almost 20 years and the one I have now is my only one. (It’s a Detroit Lions logo from the 1930s).

It took me a deep dive on Google Images several years ago to figure out what yours was. The Lions' 1934-1945 logo to be exact. 🤓

Lions4.jpg.75d4371855b8a66b280f81497b3543ca.jpgLions3.jpg.be85bd26ae53dec6e548d2f2e6a8bcab.jpgLions1.jpg.5d7125f9323faeecf4a570d4ed68766b.jpgLions2.jpg.0bc5af5bf4773d4663d3741bd35aac04.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 6:29 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

I'm on profile picture #2 in the course of going on 12 years, with the exception of a couple of months following @Alabama Larry passing away, when a lot of us switched our profile pictures in his memory. @True blue (and gold) is still rocking Larry's profile picture in his memory.

My first profile picture was this fella. I had him for a long while...

201786645_StandingColonelWithCane--BLUE.jpg.bc2323b54fd68eba0a452f99cd87aff9.jpg

@theguru has had Lex Luthor for his profile picture for as long as I've been a member, but I believe he said he had Mr. Burns from The Simpsons for a while. I can't remember @swamprat having any different profile picture than his current one. Same with @Jumper_Dad, @gold sunrise@Hearsay and @Voice of Reason.

@DragonFire@bugatti, @All State Baseball and @00Rocket28 all seem pretty rare for profile picture change ups.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm on profile picture #2 in the course of going on 12 years, with the exception of a couple of months following @Alabama Larry passing away, when a lot of us switched our profile pictures in his memory. @True blue (and gold) is still rocking Larry's profile picture in his memory.

My first avatar was this fella. I had him for a long while...

201786645_StandingColonelWithCane--BLUE.jpg.bc2323b54fd68eba0a452f99cd87aff9.jpg

@theguru has had Lex Luthor for his profile picture for as long as I've been a member, but I believe he said he had Mr. Burns from The Simpsons for a while. I can't remember @swamprat having any different profile picture than his current one. Same with @Jumper_Dad, @gold sunrise@Hearsay and @Voice of Reason.

@DragonFire@bugatti, @All State Baseball and @00Rocket28 all seem pretty rare for profile picture change ups.

So I think I had the blue "Ole Miss" Colonel from when I joined BGP in 2009 up through mid-2015, and my current profile picture has been there from mid-2015 until now. So I'm a little past due by that measuring stick....kinda considering a wardrobe change.

Any thoughts?

Current:

Original:

Twitter profile pic:

Cov Cath Football Late 70s/Early 80s:

Cov Cath Football 1969:

Cov Cath Basketball 1940s:

Running Colonel:

1960s School Seal:

Original Gymnasium Wall Colonel: