Don Shula Passes Away

I was on a plane on Tuesday with big Don Shula. I noticed him after a couple of "is that really him" glances sitting at the gate at the Northern Kentucky Greater Cincinnati Airport - the big 'ol Superbowl ring was the giveaway. On the suggestion of Jim Schue, I decided to casually ask how the steakhouse biz was treating him. He made it clear that he wasn't interested in chit-chatting.

Reminded me of this post.

I loved the power football game Miami played with Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, and change-of-pace, Mercury Morris. Add to that Bob Griese and Paul Warfield, wow, and you have the makings of a perfect football season. The No-Name defense.

Larry Little was also a favorite.

He had all that success with two different franchises, Baltimore and Miami. Only two losing seasons out of 33. What an amazing achievement! A completely unrelated thought, my high school football coach looked a lot like Don Shula. Instant credibility with me.

Btw, I still like to find Youtube film of the Dolphins running their smash-mouth football style. Larry Csonka... what a battering ram. He and Shula were from Northeast, Ohio. Lots of good football up that way. And of course, Shula has ties to Paul Brown.

Lifelong Dolphins fan. Don Shula was THE DOLPHINS. I know he had a great career at Baltimore, and who knows if Rosenbloom wasn't such a jerk, Shula may have done for the Colts what he did for the fins.

He showed how to win with a ball control/Defense attack and later built an offensive machine around Marino. (IF they had an even good defense with Marino at the helm they would have won another title I believe)

RIP to my favorite coach ever.

I loved the power football game Miami played with Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, and change-of-pace, Mercury Morris. Add to that Bob Griese and Paul Warfield, wow, and you have the makings of a perfect football season. The No-Name defense.

Larry Little was also a favorite.

He had all that success with two different franchises, Baltimore and Miami. Only two losing seasons out of 33. What an amazing achievement! A completely unrelated thought, my high school football coach looked a lot like Don Shula. Instant credibility with me.

Btw, I still like to find Youtube film of the Dolphins running their smash-mouth football style. Larry Csonka... what a battering ram. He and Shula were from Northeast, Ohio. Lots of good football up that way. And of course, Shula has ties to Paul Brown.

One of my favorite memories is Garo Yepremian almost ruining the 17-0 season with a blunder of a play after a blocked kick in the Super Bowl. The resulting Washington TD allowed the Redskins to get closer in the game, but Miami did hold on to the win and perfection.

One of my favorite memories is Garo Yepremian almost ruining the 17-0 season with a blunder of a play after a blocked kick in the Super Bowl. The resulting Washington TD allowed the Redskins to get closer in the game, but Miami did hold on to the win and perfection.

:lol2: I can still see him trying to throw a pass. Note to all special teams coaches, tell your kickers to only use their feet and legs. :lol2: