Best Will Ferrell Movie

Most of his movies are crap.

I'd probably take Old School. Not sure it's a Will Ferrell movie since he isn't the lead.

So if that doesn't count, I'll go with Everything Must Go.

You’re not allowed to comment on this topic MJ. Haha

Is Semi-Pro a good movie? I recorded it the other night but haven't watched it yet.

Personally I don’t think it’s one of his better movies. It’s still Ferrell, but doesn’t rank as high as his classics like Anchorman, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory, etc.

Is Semi-Pro a good movie? I recorded it the other night but haven't watched it yet.

Semi-Pro and Stepbrothers are the two Will Ferrell movies that have grown on me most over the years. I didn't necessarily love either when I first saw them, but their humor has had staying power for me. So I think Semi-Pro is worth a watch. Don't expect everything to hit, but the stuff that does, kills.

Personally I don’t think it’s one of his better movies. It’s still Ferrell, but doesn’t rank as high as his classics like Anchorman, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory, etc.

One of these things is not like the others......

Anchorman remains the choice to me, though I've unfortunately watched it so many times that it doesn't quite hold the same allure it once did. There are things I quote from that movie that I have completely forgotten were from that movie, that's how deeply it is embedded. It is probably in the top 5 of movies that I would say "I wish I could forget them so I could watch for the first time again". I was dying from laughter in the theater when I saw it.

Old School is a close second. He is very funny in that movie, but I don't consider it his movie. That to me was the book on him for a long time - he was incredible in side roles but not necessarily in THE role. Anchorman was the exception. I would say it wasn't until Talladega Nights came out that he started consistently having roles where I liked him in the title role. Anchorman was the only one before that. (I recognize some people would call Elf an exception. I HATE Elf. HAAAAAAATE.)

Anchorman remains the choice to me, though I've unfortunately watched it so many times that it doesn't quite hold the same allure it once did. There are things I quote from that movie that I have completely forgotten were from that movie, that's how deeply it is embedded. It is probably in the top 5 of movies that I would say "I wish I could forget them so I could watch for the first time again". I was dying from laughter in the theater when I saw it.

Old School is a close second. He is very funny in that movie, but I don't consider it his movie. That to me was the book on him for a long time - he was incredible in side roles but not necessarily in THE role. Anchorman was the exception. I would say it wasn't until Talladega Nights came out that he started consistently having roles where I liked him in the title role. Anchorman was the only one before that. (I recognize some people would call Elf an exception. I HATE Elf. HAAAAAAATE.)

Anchorman and Step Brothers absolutely slay me every time I watch them, even after seeing both probably 100 times.