Where Have You Been Getting Take-Out From?

MJAlltheWay24

Aside from getting some fried chicken from Kroger, we have not done any take out since hunkering down. As a guy who eats out everyday for lunch normally, it's been a big change. Some of it is an effort to cut out unnecessary spending, some is just trying to avoid contact with people.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from getting some fried chicken from Kroger, we have not done any take out since hunkering down. As a guy who eats out everyday for lunch normally, it's been a big change. Some of it is an effort to cut out unnecessary spending, some is just trying to avoid contact with people.

I'm right there with you. We haven't eaten out at all in the past 3 weeks, and so far, no-one has really complained. We have discussed recently what we would get when all this clears up, and I couldn't name anything yet.

New Wave Buritto x2

Bearnos

The Public House

Next on the list - Taco Choza, Rivercity Drafthouse (open tomorrow for first time) and Havana Rumba soon when their online ordering is up and running.

Haven't left the City of Alexandria.

Dry Rub Wings from Smokin' Pig at the Alexandria Brewry.

The Brown Sugar Turkey Sandwich with trimmins from Arby's (3 times)

BLT Double-decker from Empress Chili (2 times)

Various from Gold Star Chili - Fried Chicken Sandwich/Ham-Swiss-Bacon Sandwich, and Three Way with cheese coney.

Fish dinner from KofC #5220 on Fridays (Twice).

Doughnuts from Miss Shirley's Bakery.

Observations - This seems to have been a godsend for the Smokin' Pig. They are really doing great business.

The Carry-out line at KFC is often wrapped around the building. They are obviously doing well.

I really like the Brown Sugar Bacon sandwich assortment from Arbys - get them without the tomato and they are quite tasty.

Most all of the drive-thrus have cars at their windows.

We've had Chick-fil-A a couple of times, and a couple pizzas from LaRosa's. Wings from Knuk-n-Futz...first time I have ever had food from there...and it was good stuff.

Hopefully we can branch out to some more local places.

We've had Chick-fil-A a couple of times, and a couple pizzas from LaRosa's. Wings from Knuk-n-Futz...first time I have ever had food from there...and it was good stuff.

Hopefully we can branch out to some more local places.

Knuk is one of the best joints in NKY.

Haven't left the City of Alexandria.

Dry Rub Wings from Smokin' Pig at the Alexandria Brewry.

The Brown Sugar Turkey Sandwich with trimmins from Arby's (3 times)

BLT Double-decker from Empress Chili (2 times)

Various from Gold Star Chili - Fried Chicken Sandwich/Ham-Swiss-Bacon Sandwich, and Three Way with cheese coney.

Fish dinner from KofC #5220 on Fridays (Twice).

Doughnuts from Miss Shirley's Bakery.

Observations - This seems to have been a godsend for the Smokin' Pig. They are really doing great business.

The Carry-out line at KFC is often wrapped around the building. They are obviously doing well.

I really like the Brown Sugar Bacon sandwich assortment from Arbys - get them without the tomato and they are quite tasty.

Most all of the drive-thrus have cars at their windows.

Drove past a KFC last night around 6 and the line was backed out to the road.

There are some restaurants that may actually benefit from this. KFC looks like they might be one. Some of the carry out pizza places are probably doing well also.

We've only gotten carry out one night since the kids were let out of school. It was a local Mexican place, Los Toribios. My job requires me to travel across western KY and southern IN so I have hit up the drive thru at some fast food chains on days that I am away from home at lunchtime.

As a result we spent more at the grocery but I think our overall food expenses have decreased. I've also lost like 6 or 7 pounds.

We are typically a family that eats at home more often than not but this virus has changed that. We are both still working then come home and play teacher for the kids, so we haven't had as much time to cook at home other than on our days off. We're trying to eat from local places rather than chains as often as possible, but sometimes the chains and fast food places are just more convenient.