Where Have You Been Getting Take-Out From?

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tres Hermanos Nunez locally has a deal going today. Twenty tacos, a pan of beans and a pan of rice for $17.99. It also comes with tortilla chips and a small side of queso like every order does. If you save your receipt they will give you 15% off your next order as well. Great deal!

Well that was my plan for our dinner, not happening though as the line is backed up on the shoulder of US60 about a quarter of a mile, then it wraps around the building to the drive thru. At least an hour wait to get through the line, ill give them my business on a different day this week. Tonight is looking like Philly cheesesteaks, a BLT and wings, all with homemade potato chips from another local place, Reds place.

Living in Lexington we have had food from everywhere. Just found out that Malone’s gives you steaks that you can grill yourself so I’ll likely overpay for a cut of one of their steaks real soon.

A question I have is that I ordered curbside service from a restaurant. When I go there to pick it up instead of having it delivered am I supposed to tip? Usually when I do takeout it is pizza or drive thru. Do we tip for curbside service? What are the rules?

Living in Lexington we have had food from everywhere. Just found out that Malone’s gives you steaks that you can grill yourself so I’ll likely overpay for a cut of one of their steaks real soon.

A question I have is that I ordered curbside service from a restaurant. When I go there to pick it up instead of having it delivered am I supposed to tip? Usually when I do takeout it is pizza or drive thru. Do we tip for curbside service? What are the rules?

I don't know about rules, but I tip. I normally am a heavy tipper, anyway, but more so in this situation. I've been tipping as much as 30% because I know how some are struggling.

I don't know about rules, but I tip. I normally am a heavy tipper, anyway, but more so in this situation. I've been tipping as much as 30% because I know how some are struggling.

Cool. I always overtip even in normal times but the feeling I felt when I pulled away from J. Renders wondering if I was supposed to tip for curbside service gave me enough anxiety that I haven’t ordered curbside service since then. I won’t make the same mistake twice.

Pulled pork and wings from Eli's BBQ Riverside in Cincy last night. Along with a new discovery, the beef hot dogs topped with pulled pork, slaw, and pork cracklins. They were outstanding.

Eli's hot dogs are one of the most underrated thing around. I always get crazy looks when I drop that recommendation on people.

Pulled pork and wings from Eli's BBQ Riverside in Cincy last night. Along with a new discovery, the beef hot dogs topped with pulled pork, slaw, and pork cracklins. They were outstanding.

Didn't know they made wings. This has to of been a recent development. How were they?

I can vouch for those hotdogs, they are delicious.

My cholesterol level went up 50 points just from reading this. But man, that reads delicious too!