Where Have You Been Getting Take-Out From?

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got pizza from Fort Thomas Pizza last Saturday and actually might get it again today. I didn't realize, but on Monday's they are BOGO.

I've gotten beer to-go from Braxton as well. They are running quite a deal on their beer down there. You can order online and then just pick it up.

Honestly we're kind of still on normal food schedule. I cook Sunday-Thursday. Friday and Saturday have long been non-cooking nights. We've tended to hit our normal favorites:

Dewey's Pizza

Taglio Pizza

Green Papaya Thai Sushi

Suzy Wong's Asian

All great places that are pretty much right in the neighborhood (except Dewey's is a bit of a drive). The rest are local spots that I've come to really like since moving to Cincinnati.

There are rumors of weekend breakfast burritos for brunch at the bar down the street. That will probably happen this Sunday.

Went to City Barbeque Saturday evening, seemed busy. A friend said they called Olive Garden for take out at 5 pm Saturday and was told it would be 2 hours.

Witnessed something firsthand similar to this a week or so ago at a little place in Verona. People, please understand that there are a lot of places that may have offered takeout before, but their primary form of customers was those that came in and sat down and, obviously not everyone came in at the same time. So the kitchen never got backed up the way it can with phone orders.

I know they appreciate the business in times like these, but they're obviously not trying to delay your order. Unlike some of the bozos I saw, try to have a little patience and understanding.

We've been cooking most meals, but we had Mother's brunch delivered to the house, yesterday. Mrs. S got sangria with her meal, I got the largest Bloody Mary I've ever had with their version of a Western omelet. I love their Bloody Marys.

I prefer delivery over the curbside pickup, though I haven't tried curbside pickup, yet. So I don't know how that works. I have a small table on the front porch for them to leave the meal. I can then wipe down the containers, before bringing them inside. That just seems safer to me.

I prefer delivery over the curbside pickup, though I haven't tried curbside pickup, yet. So I don't know how that works. I have a small table on the front porch for them to leave the meal. I can then wipe down the containers, before bringing them inside. That just seems safer to me.

Using your method, I'd imagine that it definitely is safer.