Where Have You Been Getting Take-Out From?

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some samplings of fine southern dining. All were welcome sights following a hard day fishing at Pickwick Lake:

Three Piece Catfish Dinner wit hush puppies, frencch fries, and tossed salad from Redwood Hut

Pickwick-Spg-CatfishDinnerHut-20-BGP.jpg

Country Fried Steak slathered in Cream Gravy, with baked potato, toast and cole slaw from R&B Bar-B-Que.

Pickwick-Spg-CounrtryFriedSteak-20-BGP.jpg

Hamburger Steak, Onion Rings, Baked Potato, and Tossed Salad from Redwood Hut

Pickwick-Spg-HamburgerSteak-20-BGP.jpg

Dry Rub Ribs with small baked potato, beans, slaw, Texas Toast and a tossed salad from Rib Cage.

Pickwick-Spg-RibCage-20-BGP.jpg

Edited by Mustang

50 West opened a burger spot at their complex out in Maderia so we gave it a try tonight. Really good burgers and what was by far the easiest online ordering system I've used to date. They also text you when your food is placed on the pickup table, and you can order their beer in the online process. It was about a 35 minute drive from Independence, so not something we will do a lot, but was really happy with the experience overall.

50 West opened a burger spot at their complex out in Maderia so we gave it a try tonight. Really good burgers and what was by far the easiest online ordering system I've used to date. They also text you when your food is placed on the pickup table, and you can order their beer in the online process. It was about a 35 minute drive from Independence, so not something we will do a lot, but was really happy with the experience overall.

This is good news. I don't tend to venture out that way very often (living on the near East Side), but their menu looked really promising when I saw it earlier this week. I'll definitely be checking it out.

Had Daddy's Grill again for our anniversary dinner, last night. Had it delivered this time.

Daddy's Grill and Mother's FL have announced that they will be opening back up on Monday for 25% service capacity under their normal hours of operation. I will still be ordering for delivery. We are more comfortable at home, anyway.

Have had take-out from Texas Roadhouse twice now during the "shutdown" and I'm sad to say I'm not doing it again. Picked up food when I was supposed to, steaks were not hot...not even warm and they were tough. This isn't a restaurant that is doing pick-up for the first time. It's one of my favorite restaurants and I only live maybe 5 minutes from it at the most. There's definitely a difference between their take-out and eat-in (which is always good).

Have had take-out from Texas Roadhouse twice now during the "shutdown" and I'm sad to say I'm not doing it again. Picked up food when I was supposed to, steaks were not hot...not even warm and they were tough. This isn't a restaurant that is doing pick-up for the first time. It's one of my favorite restaurants and I only live maybe 5 minutes from it at the most. There's definitely a difference between their take-out and eat-in (which is always good).

I would think steak isn’t a great option for takeout. Steak continues to cook after being pulled off the grill, and resting it too long (ie the trip home) doesn’t do much for the meat. I’ve found in general that take out at most of my favorite places isn’t nearly as good as eating in.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the last sentence. I love to cook so I have a generalization of what foods don't work for takeout. Steak and most seafood thats not fried top that list for me. Steak is typically best when its served after a 2-3 minute rest.

I get your complaint though, some restaurants (Texas Roadhouse for instance) need to water down their menu a bit during these times. They could so burgers, tenders, ribs etc and do just fine without having upset customers.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the last sentence. I love to cook so I have a generalization of what foods don't work for takeout. Steak and most seafood thats not fried top that list for me. Steak is typically best when its served after a 2-3 minute rest.

I get your complaint though, some restaurants (Texas Roadhouse for instance) need to water down their menu a bit during these times. They could so burgers, tenders, ribs etc and do just fine without having upset customers.

I'm with you. I just can't see myself ever getting a steak to-go.

It's Taco Tuesday and Cinco De Mayo. Tijuana Flats.

Tres Hermanos Nunez locally has a deal going today. Twenty tacos, a pan of beans and a pan of rice for $17.99. It also comes with tortilla chips and a small side of queso like every order does. If you save your receipt they will give you 15% off your next order as well. Great deal!