Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

Doesn't matter.

10 weeks. 10 games.

May end up playing someone you don't want to play, but you do NOT have to play 10 games in a regular season.

I mentioned in my previous post that I think that would be a shame not to be able to play 10 games against the teams previously scheduled or not be able to play 10 games at all because of the inability to find an opponent who is also free that week. Which week out of the 11 (0-10) do you eliminate? It does matter. The only way to make it work (and do it fairly) is to start the scheduling process from scratch.

If there ever was a year for the KHSAA to tinker with reducing the playoffs to two teams per district, it's this one. Move the start of the season back a week, keeping everyone's same sequence of games. If they want to see what it looks like financially and competitively to go back to two teams, try it this year.

The KHSAA released their revised COVID-19 Policies and Guidance today. I am going to pick through some of it and post it.

Facilities on school-owned property including competition and practice facilities, weight rooms and similar, as well as those facilities managed or in any way owned by the school or school system (all schools grades 6-12) shall remain closed for use related to sports or sport-activities in any manner through at least May 31.

Coaches may not be involved at those facilities, other than necessary maintenance that can be done using acceptable social distance regulations.

School facilities, uniforms, nicknames, transportation or equipment, may not be used in any KHSAA-sanctioned sport or sport-activity.

No athletics (are allowed to) be able to be held until at least July.

Students shall not participate in any organized element of sport or sport-activity or organized, semi-organized or informal competition in any sport or sport-activity in any format at any member school location or any facility owned by the Board of Education of a member school.

Students may not use any school or school system owned athletic or sport or sport-activity related equipment at any member school location or any facility owned by the Board of Education of a member school.

No activity may be required of student-athletes at any location, on or off a school campus.

Students may not receive in-person coaching or training from school personnel (either salaried or non-salaried) in any KHSAA sanctioned sport or sport-activity; and

Coach and Player interaction should be restricted to virtual / distance methods, but are not restricted in terms of content, only restricted in terms of being bound to only enrolled students at the school.

School representatives should also be mindful that currently, NCAA recruiting activities have been suspended by the NCAA through the end of May.

This restricted period does not preclude communication between school, athletic department, and coaching representatives to team members and/or communication within the families of players on the current roster.

This restricted period allows for instruction and communication that may include video and other methods of staying in touch with team members as well as guidance for maintaining physical fitness and readiness for sports or sport-activities, provided such is not mandatory.

Currently, private instruction at an individual’s home or at a facility is prohibited.

The information related to the Covid-19 (coronavirus) is ever-evolving, and changes happen quickly. We will inform all stakeholders if there are any changes in circumstances.

The news release from the Kentucky High School Athletic Association can be read in full at the below link:

4/29/2- Revised Covid-19 Policies and Guidance Issued, May 1 to May 31 | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

This boils down to an insurance issue right? As long as kids are on active rosters, they are still covered by the KHSAA and school insurance until the end of the KHSAA calendar [second week of June]? That's why no one can be at school or wearing a school uniform.

Maybe a couple tidbits of good news several college coaches seem to think their seasons will start on time and I noticed on KSR that UK is planning on having students on campus this fall so high schools may follow what colleges do.

Maybe a couple tidbits of good news several college coaches seem to think their seasons will start on time and I noticed on KSR that UK is planning on having students on campus this fall so high schools may follow what colleges do.

High schools are more likely to follow what the pros do because there is no on-location housing issues in high school like in college.

High schools are more likely to follow what the pros do because there is no on-location housing issues in high school like in college.

If that’s the case they will for sure play because pro is going to play there’s to much money involved.

This boils down to an insurance issue right? As long as kids are on active rosters, they are still covered by the KHSAA and school insurance until the end of the KHSAA calendar [second week of June]? That's why no one can be at school or wearing a school uniform.

Insurance is a layer/tool that is used by the powerful to "insure" compliance.

There is a chart floating around showing Indiana’s stages and what each stage means. It shows their plan is to be pretty much open with crowds of 250 starting July 4th. Face mask optional but still social distancing. Each stage change is roughly 3 weeks. I’m not sure what it really means for sports but it’s at least a glimmer of hope that a season could happen.

There is a chart floating around showing Indiana’s stages and what each stage means. It shows their plan is to be pretty much open with crowds of 250 starting July 4th. Face mask optional but still social distancing. Each stage change is roughly 3 weeks. I’m not sure what it really means for sports but it’s at least a glimmer of hope that a season could happen.

Crowds of 250 by July 4th? It would seem that schools, sports and everything else open up.

Now that’s crowds of 250 (I believe is 250+ but I might be wrong) with social distancing. To me I feel like by August Indiana could start practicing. They might allow practice in July with some restrictions. It’s at least a glimmer of hope for us.

Crowds of 250 by July 4th? It would seem that schools, sports and everything else open up.

I told a couple buddies of mine a few weeks ago that if it wasn’t “over” by 4th of July, that’s when it would end for most people.

I told a couple buddies of mine a few weeks ago that if it wasn’t “over” by 4th of July, that’s when it would end for most people.

I agree. Additionally, I would speculate it will become violent by the 4th of July, if not sooner.