Belfry - 2020 Schedule

EKY_Football

It's not complete and I don't know the exact dates or times yet but I'll post what I know as of now. This is not in any kind of order of play either. It's just the teams I know Belfry will be playing this year and if their playing at home or away. Another pretty solid schedule for the Pirates that will prepare them for another post season run, IMO. Also, as you can see, they have only nine games so far. Last year they were only able to get a nine game schedule as well and it really hurt them as far as their RPI was concerned. So hopefully Coach Heywood can work his "magic" and add a tenth game. Here's what I know:

5A Pulaski County (Don Franklin Bowl) (A)

2A Mingo Central, WV (Pike Co. Bowl) (H)

(N/A) Archbishop Alter, OH (H)

1A Pikeville (A) (1A Champs)

3A Magoffin Co. (District) (A)

3A Lawrence Co. (District) (H)

3A Pike Central (District) (A)

3A Floyd Central (District) (H)

4A Johnson Central (A) (4A Champs)

* I'd love to see Belfry add a power like Male, a St. X, or a Bowling Green to round out their schedule. They might not be to competitive in a game against one of those teams but it would still be fun to watch and look really good on their resume. Not very likely of a game like that happening, the travel time would be a killer, but one can always hope, right? Lol!

* I'll post schedules of other Eastern Kentucky teams once I get them. What do you guys think of the Belfry Pirates schedule this coming season?

Kettering Alter will again be the best non-district game they have. Overall the non-district schedule will be tough, when all is said and done.

Alter wasn't the best team Belfry faced last year, that was Johnson Central. The Pirates were only down 7-0 to Alter in the 4th Qtr on the road, losing 14-0. Alter scored late on a pick six. And the Pirates didn't have their starting QB in that game and lost Dixon in the 1st Qtr.

They never were in the Johnson Central game. JC went to Pond Creek and beat the Pirates 53-16. IMO, Central would have beat Alter by 2 TD's last year.

Alter wasn't the best team Belfry faced last year, that was Johnson Central. The Pirates were only down 7-0 to Alter in the 4th Qtr on the road, losing 14-0. Alter scored late on a pick six. And the Pirates didn't have their starting QB in that game and lost Dixon in the 1st Qtr.

They never were in the Johnson Central game. JC went to Pond Creek and beat the Pirates 53-16. IMO, Central would have beat Alter by 2 TD's last year.

I'd love to see Alter and Johnson Central hook up.

For the record I'd be rooting for Central.

IMO Johnson Central wasn’t better than Alter last yr. That team was loaded with D1 talent up there. Ohio is another animal when it comes to football.

IMO Johnson Central wasn’t better than Alter last yr. That team was loaded with D1 talent up there. Ohio is another animal when it comes to football.

Per calpreps.com, JC was significantly better than Alter. In fact, Pikeville also ranked a good amount higher than Alter and Lexington Christian was comparable to Alter.

Just shows us how being loaded with D-1 talent is overrated sometimes. Not arguing with you here my friend, we all have our opinions and I respect yours, but sometimes I think we get caught up way to much in this "D-1" thing. Sure, D-1 is the "big time" but I'll tell you something, I've seen with my own eyes D-2 players absolutely light up a big time D-1 prospect. On lines of scrimmage and at skill positions. Sometimes the only thing that separates a D-1 player from being a D-2 player is maybe an inch or two in height for a lineman or a couple tenths of a second faster on a 40 time for skill players. Is that much of a difference? I dont think so. There's alot of great athletes that miss out playing at the top level because of those very things. So to me, I'd rather have a team that knows how to play together that's loaded with D-2, D-3, and NAIA players any day of the week than I would a team that has 4-5 D-1 players that can't play together. But that's just me. Not saying Alter wasn't a good team. I agree with you, they were and had a couple nice looking stud players but JC was the all around better team, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...