No does not mean No at Utah Middle School

theguru

A middle school in Utah forces students to dance with each other at their middle school dances.

A boy that makes a 11 year old girl uncomfortable asked her to dance and from the article:

“She politely said, ‘No thank you,’” Hobson revealed. The problem? At Rich Middle School in Laketown, Utah, it's against the rules to say "no," and principal Kip Motta allegedly intervened when he heard Azlyn decline the invitation at the dance.

“He said something like, ‘No, no. You kids go out and dance,’” Hobson revealed. “He basically shooed Azlyn and the boy off onto the dance floor.”

Sixth grader in Utah couldn'''t say no when asked to dance

I am shocked that our Government forces something like this on middle school children.

Also from the article:

“We do ask all students to dance. It is the nice thing to do and this will continue to be our policy,”

===========

I think this is horrible and teaches students exactly the opposite of what we should be teaching them.

No means No!

For those of us not familiar, can you expound?

Without getting into a lot of detail, a dystopian novel in which women are marginalized. The class of women called Handmaids are, for lack of a better term, breeders.

Without getting into a lot of detail, a dystopian novel in which women are marginalized. The class of women called Handmaids are, for lack of a better term, breeders.

Ha, women’s rights are at their highest point in the history of the world here in the US right now. But whatever. Can’t say no rule is stupid and un-American though.

If my child was in that school I would be raising all kinds of heck. We teach our children to follow the rules. Teaching them to say no when it challenges authority, is so much harder. Not allowing them this basic choice is wrong. Telling them they have to ignore their instincts and say yes is morally horrendous.