BGP Cookbook (Part 2)

MBWC41

They are way higher btu.

I couldn't see any issue with using it then. A propane torch is a propane torch. As long as unburnt fuel isn't hitting (which would be unlikely) the food then I can't see it being any different than using a chef's propane torch or a gas grill.

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

1/2 whole roasted chicken (I buy a rotisserie chicken at Kroger/Costco)

3 stalks celery, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1 medium onion, chopped

1/2 pound carrots, chopped

1/2 pound dry egg noodles

1 (12oz) beer

5 cups chicken broth

1-1/2 cups milk

1 cup half & half

1/3 cup flour

4-5 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon thyme

1/2 teaspoon sage

1/2 teaspoon rosemary

1/2 teaspoon celery salt

1) Remove skins from chicken and pull or chop into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.

2) In a large heavy-bottom pot, add in olive oil, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic, and cook until heat until onions are translucent.

3) Add in chicken broth, beer, salt, pepper, thyme, sage, rosemary, and celery salt and bring to a boil. Add in dry egg noodles and allow to boil for about 2 minutes before lowering to a simmer.

4) Separately in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and slowly stir in flour and thoroughly combine to form a roux. Lower to heat to medium-low and slowly add in the milk and half & half, stirring constantly, and simmer for 1-2 minutes until thickened.

5) Stir the roux (butter/flour/milk/half & half) into the soup pot, add in chicken, and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes before removing from heat to serve.

3 stalks celery, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1 medium onion, chopped

1 (12oz) beer

5 cups chicken broth

1-1/2 cups milk

1 cup half & half

1/3 cup flour

4-5 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon thyme

1/2 teaspoon sage

1/2 teaspoon rosemary

1/2 teaspoon celery salt

1) Remove skins from chicken and pull or chop into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.

2) In a large heavy-bottom pot, add in olive oil, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic, and cook until heat until onions are translucent.

3) Add in chicken broth, beer, salt, pepper, thyme, sage, rosemary, and celery salt and bring to a boil. Add in dry egg noodles and allow to boil for about 2 minutes before lowering to a simmer.

4) Separately in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and slowly stir in flour and thoroughly combine to form a roux. Lower to heat to medium-low and slowly add in the milk and half & half, stirring constantly, and simmer for 1-2 minutes until thickened.

5) Stir the roux (butter/flour/milk/half & half) into the soup pot, add in chicken, and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes before removing from heat to serve.

I've been craving chicken soup. I'm gonna try this one.

Another Mexican dish I like to make. Because it feeds a lot of people is carnitas. It's also super easy.

You'll need:

A big ole pork butt. In this case you're gonna want to trim any skin or fat off of it.

1 TBLS Cumin

1 TBLS Oregano

1 TBLS Extra Virgin Olive Oil

2 tsp Black Pepper

2 tsp Salt

Make a paste and rub that all over it and in all the cracks and crevices. Put it in your crock pot and pour any remaining rub on it.

Next:

2 onions chopped

3 Jalapenos finely dice

4 cloves garlic crushed

1 cup orange juice

Put everything on the butt. Pour the OJ over everything last. Set on low and cook till pull apart tender.

Remove the pork and shred it. Keep all of the juice. The final step is to pan fry it. You don't have to fry it all up at once, it freezes well or can just be heated up as you need it. You want your heat pretty high. Add a little olive oil, and use about 1/4 of the meat and and a 1/4 of the juice. Cook and stir until the juice is evaporated and the meat is getting little crispy edges.

Now. Make some tacos.:D

I’ve got this one together.

Plan on putting it in the sous vide before I go to bed for tacos during the UK game tomorrow.

This is one of my favorites. Let us know how it comes out.

Absolutely delicious and very easy to make for a crowd.

I substituted the orange juice for orange slices because I was vacuum sealing the bags for the sous vide and couldn’t have that much liquid in them.

I think next time I would do them in the slow cooker.

Very good....

Had some New Orleans pasta tonight.

One of my favorites.

1 box pasta, we use penne...

4 tablespoons Cajun seasoning

1 pound shrimp

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips

1 teaspoon cayenne

2 tablespoons butter

1 green bell pepper, chopped

1 red bell pepper, chopped

fresh mushrooms, sliced

1 onion, diced

2 cups heavy cream

1/2 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon lemon pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon garlic powder

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

As much fresh spinach as you like.

Coat shrimp and chicken in Cajun seasoning.

Cook pasta according to package

Cook chicken, onion, mushrooms and bell peppers in skillet with butter.

Add cream along with other seasonings and pasta, bring to a simmer.

Add spinach and simmer until spinach has cooked down.

While simmering, steam the shrimp.

Add shrimp and cheese, stir together and serve.

3 stalks celery, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1 medium onion, chopped

1 (12oz) beer

5 cups chicken broth

1-1/2 cups milk

1 cup half & half

1/3 cup flour

4-5 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon thyme

1/2 teaspoon sage

1/2 teaspoon rosemary

1/2 teaspoon celery salt

This hit the spot. When we get the cool evenings, MrsC loves soup. We both enjoyed this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Grilled Greek Chicken

3/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fish sauce (can substitute anchovy paste)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 large cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced (can substitute 2 teaspoons dried rosemary)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Juice of 2 lemons
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1) Butterfly the two chicken breasts, and if necessary, pound them out to an even thickness, about 3/4-inch.

2) Once butterflied, lightly score the surface of the chicken breasts with a sharp knife to create even more surface for the marinade to cover.

3) Setting the chicken aside for a moment, add all remaining ingredients into a medium-sized bowl, and whisk into a marinade. Add two-thirds to three-quarters of the marinade along with the chicken into a ziplock bag, squeeze as much air out of the bag as possible, seal the bag, and then use your hands to jostle and squeeze all of the ingredients around in the bag to distribute the marinade over everything.

4) Refrigerate the chicken for 2-3 hours. Remove the bag from the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.

5) Once on the grill, use the reserved marinade to brush over the chicken frequently as you turn it. Remove chicken from the grill once it has reached 160°F, allow to rest for 5 minutes (carry-over heat in the chicken will bring the internal temp up to a safe 165°F as it rests). Brush with whatever remains of the reserved marinade just prior to serving.

You can serve the chicken just as-is, or you can also dice the chicken a bit and then eat it with tzatziki sauce and fresh Mediterranean salad (diced cucumber, Roma tomatoes, red onion, parsley with S&P and olive oil) on pita bread or naan.

This is a family favorite:

Texas Slaw

1 16 oz bag coleslaw mix

1 7 oz can Mexican style corn, drained

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 fresh jalapeños seeded and chopped

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 cup ranch dressing

1/4 tsp ground cumin

1/4 tsp ground coriander

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 lime juiced

In a large bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, corn, cheddar cheese, jalapeño, and cilantro.

Stir together Ranch dressing, spices, and lime juice.  Toss with coleslaw mix.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 6:47 AM, Beechwoodfan said:

This is a family favorite:

Texas Slaw

1 16 oz bag coleslaw mix

1 7 oz can Mexican style corn, drained

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 fresh jalapeños seeded and chopped

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 cup ranch dressing

1/4 tsp ground cumin

1/4 tsp ground coriander

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 lime juiced

In a large bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, corn, cheddar cheese, jalapeño, and cilantro.

Stir together Ranch dressing, spices, and lime juice.  Toss with coleslaw mix.

I'm gonna HAVE to try this one...