Kentucky 76 Alabama 67

16thBBall Fan

My points were made now we are 15 games into the season and 2 months from the starting of conference tournament. It’s hard to beat very good teams giving up 16 offensive rebounds and committing 14 turnovers and shooting below 70% from the line. They only shot 50% (10-20) from the line Tuesday in Georgia. I am thinking ahead to the tournament those 3 things I listed as areas that need improvement you do those things in March and you are heading home.

Every single game and every single team is a different story. Yes today they played a team that likes to shoot a lot of threes. If UK plays a team in the tournament that makes a lot of threes, and UK rebounds well and makes free throws they still could lose. If UK in the tournament goes 2 for 16 in the tournament from three they can lose.

Every single game there is all kinds of things that can happen that determines if they win or lose. Which gets back to my point no team plays a perfect game. No team really plays a perfect game in the tournament either. All that matters is winning. Just like next game UK may rebound the ball better, and shoot free throws better, but yet may lose because they don’t shoot as well overall.

What UK is today is not what they will be come March. They will be a lot better by then. So all that matters today was winning, because today is not March.

If either Keion Brooks or Kahlil Whitney can start to give the Cats anything at all this team can be really special. Today they combined to play 18 minutes for a total of 2 points and 1 rebound. On Tuesday in Georgia they played 25 minutes combined and had 6 points and 8 rebounds and all 6 points and 7 of the rebounds came from Brooks.

That was quite possibly the worst game UK has played all year. Way too sloppy, even Coach Cal seemed a bit off with some of his lineup choices.

I hope you are being sarcastic, because if it was the worst game they played all year. They would have lost like they did to Evansville and Utah.

Cal is giving Maxey a lot of rope - especially defensively. Maxey 6-17 from the floor. Had 4 turnovers to 1 assist. Multiple breakdowns on defense. Unfortunately, the options are limited to non existent to sit him down very long.

You really think Maxey is going to EFFECTIVELY guard a good player? As Randy Miss may say "C'mon Man".