Jimmy V Night

gametime

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this night every year is one of the reasons I love Dickie V so much...
....:thumb:

I like a lot of others, including Sticky and many BGP'ers, have lost loved ones to cancer. Unless you go through it and see the devastation it causes to a person, most don't understand.

I lost my mother to cancer and I thought I was ready to handle it, but you never emotionally are. I lost my grandfather many years ago, to another form and they both changed my outlook on the disease.

I used to think cancer was something, I hoped that someone would find a cure for and once I lost my mother, I decided I needed to do my part and become that "someone", trying to help. All I can do is help monetarily, which I do and hope no one else, has to endure the pain and hardship, which surrounds cancer. Things happen for a reason, I've often said and firmly believe but all forms of cancer, need to have a cure....:thumb:

I lost my mother to cancer and I thought I was ready to handle it, but you never emotionally are. I lost my grandfather many years ago, to another form and they both changed my outlook on the disease.

I lost my grandpa on my dad's side on 4/1/02 and my mom on 4/1/04. Rough stretch, and being my mom's oldest child and my grandpa's oldest grandchild, my family need me to be a steady influence. I guess it's moments like watching this speech that I let my guard down...

I lost my grandpa on my dad's side on 4/1/02 and my mom on 4/1/04. Rough stretch, and being my mom's oldest child and my grandpa's oldest grandchild, my family need me to be a steady influence. I guess it's moments like watching this speech that I let my guard down...
Same here my friend....I lost my mother in November and that first Thanksgiving, was just about too much to handle. Nothing more unconditional, than the love from a mother. I constantly strive, to make her proud and hope she is.

I remember my mother called me, telling me my grandfather passed away, while I was out of town playing ball and I was hear broken, he enjoyed anything I did and was such a big influence, in my sports.

I often get reminded by several people, the older I get the more I look like my grandfather....I smile and say thanks for the compliment.

Granted I was only 6 when this speech was given in 1993, however after watching this speech again, one thing stuck out to me in particular.

You hear about cancer all of the time today, and while there will never be enough money, it seems as if scientists are making great strides toward finding a cure. Jimmy talked about how AIDS received so much compared to the lack a funds genrated for cancer research. It really is amazing to see how in 13 years cancer research has been brought to the attention of everyone.

Granted I was only 6 when this speech was given in 1993, however after watching this speech again, one thing stuck out to me in particular.

You hear about cancer all of the time today, and while there will never be enough money, it seems as if scientists are making great strides toward finding a cure. Jimmy talked about how AIDS received so much compared to the lack a funds genrated for cancer research. It really is amazing to see how in 13 years cancer research has been brought to the attention of everyone.

:thumb: We all can only hope and pray that advances in reasearch and $$$ to fund that reasearch keeps pouring in to fight this terrible disease