List Your Final Class AAA Top 5 for 2006

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any team that loses 47-0 to St X and gives up 56 to the state champs when neither BG nor JC gave up that many would not beat either of them 3 or 4 TD's.

Not sure what happened against St. X, but CovCath needed every one of those 56 points to beat the Knights. The quick strike LexCath offense put the CovCath offense on the field often, where JC and BG seemed to play a more ball control style. If they had been pressed, the Colonels may have put up better numbers against the Purples and Eagles.

Any team that loses 47-0 to St X and gives up 56 to the state champs when neither BG nor JC gave up that many would not beat either of them 3 or 4 TD's.

Didn't CovCath put up a lot of points against both JC and BG? As far as the St. X. game, people must remember that it was LexCath's first game of the year with a new QB and offense and a new staff still feeling it's way through a game. Plus, St. X. had already played a game. I have always heard that a team will make it greatest improvement from game 1 to game 2. St. X always does this. As far as LexCath being better than BG and JC I guess we will never know, but I don't think either team could have stopped LexCath's offense!

Didn't CovCath put up a lot of points against both JC and BG? As far as the St. X. game, people must remember that it was LexCath's first game of the year with a new QB and offense and a new staff still feeling it's way through a game. Plus, St. X. had already played a game. I have always heard that a team will make it greatest improvement from game 1 to game 2. St. X always does this. As far as LexCath being better than BG and JC I guess we will never know, but I don't think either team could have stopped LexCath's offense!

I will agree with you about BG not stopping LexCath offense, however, I really don't think LexCath would have been able to stop the JC three yards and a first down offense either. I truly believe JC would have just killed the clock against LexCath if (that word again) LexCath would have messed up just one time, and not scored, it would be all over. I think JC would have done to LexCath what CovCath did to BG at the start of the third quarter, by scoring a TD and killing the clock. When you know, if you make just one mistake/turnover and get stopped, and you can't stop the other team, it puts a lot of pressure on your offense. Pressure like that can mean mental mistakes, and that is why I think, JC would have beaten LexCath....

I hate to burst the BG, JC bubble but Lex. Cath would beat both those teams handidly. The speed that lex. cath would have been enough to stop JC and BG at least a time or two, and would allow no big plays. The lex. cath defense was fine against one dimensional attacks this year, it was balance that hurt them, JC and BG have no balance it is run run run. JC, could take 12 minutes to score, wearing out thier 2 way players, LC runs a fresh unit in scores in 2 minutes runs out thier fresh d unit and wins with depth and explosion. It is hard to run the clock out on a team that can score in a matter of seconds.

Congrats to JC and BG on a good season but in the LEX cath region, your season would have been over one or two weeks earlier.

I hate to burst the BG, JC bubble but Lex. Cath would beat both those teams handidly. The speed that lex. cath would have been enough to stop JC and BG at least a time or two, and would allow no big plays. The lex. cath defense was fine against one dimensional attacks this year, it was balance that hurt them, JC and BG have no balance it is run run run. JC, could take 12 minutes to score, wearing out thier 2 way players, LC runs a fresh unit in scores in 2 minutes runs out thier fresh d unit and wins with depth and explosion. It is hard to run the clock out on a team that can score in a matter of seconds.

Congrats to JC and BG on a good season but in the LEX cath region, your season would have been over one or two weeks earlier.

JC's game plan was working against Cov. Cath. until our workhorse fullback went down with a knee injury 3 play into our first drive in the second half. We were making first downs and burning up the clock. Now I'm not going to go so far as guarantee a victory, because as you know, Cov. Cath. was very good, but I think with Blake for all 4 quarters its a very close game in the final seconds.

So, guaranteeing a Lex. Cath. victory is a little presumtive considering that Cov. Cath. beat them too.

I will agree with you about BG not stopping LexCath offense, however, I really don't think LexCath would have been able to stop the JC three yards and a first down offense either. I truly believe JC would have just killed the clock against LexCath if (that word again) LexCath would have messed up just one time, and not scored, it would be all over. I think JC would have done to LexCath what CovCath did to BG at the start of the third quarter, by scoring a TD and killing the clock. When you know, if you make just one mistake/turnover and get stopped, and you can't stop the other team, it puts a lot of pressure on your offense. Pressure like that can mean mental mistakes, and that is why I think, JC would have beaten LexCath....

LexCath was really good at making teams play their game. Remember those mistakes can go the other way and JC could have made them and been down several TDs. Also remember, LexCath has been in those pressure games and they were the defending champs. LexCaths defense was better than you think. Remember JC gave up 35 or more to CovCath and that was a slow down game. The LexCath vs CovCath game was a shootout and neither team stopped the other.

JC's game plan was working against Cov. Cath. until our workhorse fullback went down with a knee injury 3 play into our first drive in the second half. We were making first downs and burning up the clock. Now I'm not going to go so far as guarantee a victory, because as you know, Cov. Cath. was very good, but I think with Blake for all 4 quarters its a very close game in the final seconds.

So, guaranteeing a Lex. Cath. victory is a little presumtive considering that Cov. Cath. beat them too.

Getting a work horse full back hurt, is another reason while lex. cath would have the edge some workhorse of theirs goes down, and in comes #2. With that much time on the clock ( a whole half) I would venture to say JC would have wore down regardless.

Getting a work horse full back hurt, is another reason while lex. cath would have the edge some workhorse of theirs goes down, and in comes #2. With that much time on the clock ( a whole half) I would venture to say JC would have wore down regardless.

I'm not going to spend much time debating this because truthfully if your not #1 then your just the first loser and our goal was and still is a State Championship. If you want to be called #2 then abracadabra your #2.

Head to head is the only way to end this debate. Unfortunately we'll never know. I do know that JC still has 2 weeks to fill next year and is having a difficult time doing so. If you know anyone over there have them give us a call.