Raider Nation is it time?

Yes or no?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

When Ryle's fans can fill the stadium, Ryle fans can have a say. I have been to the last few games and there is not many fans present. This is sad for a community that cares so much about Ryle football. Try getting behind your program instead of bashing it.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

When Ryle's fans can fill the stadium, Ryle fans can have a say. I have been to the last few games and there is not many fans present. This is sad for a community that cares so much about Ryle football. Try getting behind your program instead of bashing it.

This proves the point for change. The program has lost its traditions & that hurts your program a lot.

If you lose tradition you lose alumni. For high school football programs that’s traditionally a decent portion of your fan base and possible donations.

Totally disagree. This Senior class was a missed field goal from beating CovCath as Freshman. It was a running clock early this year when these kids were Seniors. Ryle ALWAYS has good freshman teams. It should for the most part translate to Varsity but does not. Lot of wasted talent if you ask me.

IMO lower levels success rarely correlates with varsity success, but I am not well versed in what is going on at Ryle enough to speak more specifically about it in this situation.

This proves the point for change. The program has lost its traditions & that hurts your program a lot.

If you lose tradition you lose alumni. For high school football programs that’s traditionally a decent portion of your fan base and possible donations.

What traditions have they lost?

IMO lower levels success rarely correlates with varsity success, but I am not well versed in what is going on at Ryle enough to speak more specifically about it in this situation.

I agree for the most part-depends on how well the coaches develop the players moving forward. That’s why I wouldn’t read too much into Ryle having the best Freshman team this year because they always are in the upper echelon.

I agree for the most part-depends on how well the coaches develop the players moving forward. That’s why I wouldn’t read too much into Ryle having the best Freshman team this year because they always are in the upper echelon.

Some kids just peak early. Some kids just get better as time goes on with their growth. Some are late bloomers. You can’t assume a group is always going to be better than their competitors.

Some kids just peak early. Some kids just get better as time goes on with their growth. Some are late bloomers. You can’t assume a group is always going to be better than their competitors.

I get all of that. My point is this particular school has a good freshman team every year that recently has not translated to varsity success.

I get all of that. My point is this particular school has a good freshman team every year that recently has not translated to varsity success.

Unfortunately for Ryle, the current JR class was a sub 500 team that didn’t win a game as 8th graders, so you are incorrect.

The current senior class was a very good middle school/Frosh team, but there are a lot of reasons they didn’t develop. Most of which has less to do with coaching and more to do with the kids unwillingness to outwork their competition.

Unfortunately for Ryle, the current JR class was a sub 500 team that didn’t win a game as 8th graders, so you are incorrect.

The current senior class was a very good middle school/Frosh team, but there are a lot of reasons they didn’t develop. Most of which has less to do with coaching and more to do with the kids unwillingness to outwork their competition.

I stand corrected. Most years they do though.

I agree 100% with you on this. The JR class does have some good talent but as a whole in middle school through the 9th grade they just didn’t have any depth to be a winning team. The SR class is a whole different story and we’re very good due to their depth but they eventually lost some kids that lost interest and others that peaked and didn’t progress.