Ryle Raiders

JOHNDUNHOFT

Ryle was the best team in our district and represented us well. I had picked them early in the year be the cream of our crop. Despite the outcome of the last game, I think these boys played up to their capabilities most of the year. I wish that Vince and Scotty could have gotten the offense rolling early so that Ryle could have made more of a game of it. We all knew that if Ryle got behind it would be hard for them to come back. I think that if they played three times, Ryle would keep it close twice. IE... I don't think they played their best ball that day. I know that the players are stinging a little right now, but keep your head up. You made it where very few teams have been, and beat quite a few good teams on the way. Making it as far as you did is no small task. Alot of teams will make up hypothetical reasons why they are better, but don't listen to them. You played all who were set in front of you and beat them all save one. I'll miss watching the graduating seniors and wish you well. Undercalssman, see you next year. Good luck.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do! The only way to compete with X and Trinity is to have a High School with an equivalent amount of kids. 4000+ is pushing it, but 2400 to 3000 would not be too bad. By the way... this will never happen!

Little old Dixie has competed a couple of times recently, I don't think size is necessarily the answer. I would bet money that CCH and HHS woulld play them competitively year in and year out. To do it consistently, and win like they do every year, yes I think the average public high school needs to have larger numbers. But every once in a while, even an undersized school can knock them off.

It's all about the program and the amount of talent that you get into your program.

You have to remember what is being built on Longbranch road also on the outskirts of Union that will dilute the talent pool even farther and it will open in 08

I heard the the open date has been moved back to 2010, because they arent sure what they want to do. This is just for fun, could you imagine, closing Conner, making boone into a middle school and then having just two high sschools?

Really? I thought that Ryle's seniors accounted for the bulk of their offense and defense. Most notably Murray and Gray.

Ryle's was mixed with talent. For the twenty seniors that are leaving they have 23 Juniors reloading for next year. 4 of the 5 ol were juniors, QB junior, WR jrs. Defensively will hurt to start off with, But Coach Woolf, Giron, and Harden will have it back and ready for the 07 season.

Raiders Great Job This SEASON, Seniors you will be missed. For the Underclassmen, as the raider tradition begins to unfold and develop, remember that with TRADITION COMES RESPONSIBILITY!!!!

STAY HUNGRY

Little old Dixie has competed a couple of times recently, I don't think size is necessarily the answer. I would bet money that CCH and HHS woulld play them competitively year in and year out. To do it consistently, and win like they do every year, yes I think the average public high school needs to have larger numbers. But every once in a while, even an undersized school can knock them off.

It's all about the program and the amount of talent that you get into your program.

I will agree somewhat! They could compete, but would win very rarely.The reason Highlands is good every year is because they develop talent. All of those kids are not just exceptionally blessed athletes. So you are right. They could compete, but would be worn by the end and probably could not finish the deal.

I heard the the open date has been moved back to 2010, because they arent sure what they want to do. This is just for fun, could you imagine, closing Conner, making boone into a middle school and then having just two high sschools?

Actually they don't have to officially close anything. What the Boone school board could do is combine all the high schools into one high school for the entire county, but with separate campuses. To those who believe smaller size generally results in a higher quality education, by keeping separate campuses, those folks could be satisfied. Since there would only be one official high school, there would only be one football team, thus they could combine all the players of Conner, Ryle and Boone onto one team. That would be a powerhouse. The big downside to that of course is that a whole lot of kids currently getting to play on Friday nights would no longer be able to do so, but those kids that did would be able to really challenge X and T. In many ways, it would be similar to what X and T do currently and those kids that don't touch the varsity field until their senior year (if ever) don't seem to mind. They'd have over a 100 kids on the team, with multiple frosh squads, and maybe even two jv teams. Think Blavatt would ever do that?

Actually LN, it wouldn't have to be quite that complex. Just have Boone County adopt the same rules that exist in Florida (and other states I would guess) that allow students of schools without a certain athletic team the right to play for a school that does. So just pick the school with the best staff and facilities and discontinue football at the other schools. Tim Tebow was home schooled but was allowed to play for Nease High School under this rule. I've read a few stories recently about others in other states. I've often thought a solution like this would work in Jefferson County at schools that have a hard time fielding a team.